Help with windows mobile 6 ?[Softwares]

Rahul

Skilled
as i have shifted from symbian to windows mobile platform, i don't know much about the third party application for this OS.

i need a video player for and converter. wat do u guys suggest.

also which antivirus is best :) ..... suggestions about other nice application will be greatly appreciated :D ....

thanks

I've attached TCPMP Player. Download it and copy the CAB file to your PPC.

Using File Explorer, navigate to where the file is and tap it once. The installation will begin.

You might need additional plugins too. I'll upload it if you need it.

Anti-Vir is a good antivirus program for your PPC but you have to pay for it unless of course you figure out how to get it for free.

SPB Mobile DVD is a good software to convert high res movies to QVGA format.

Well there is a long list of good software. I'll list what in my opinion is must have.

System

1. Resco File Explorer
2. Total Commander (another file explorer which allows you to read the Extended Rom)
3. BatteryStatus Today Screen Plugin (a good, low memory usage plugin that details temperature, speed, free ram and storage memory. It also supports over clocking for OMAP processors)
4. Modaco NoData (to turn off GPRS when you don't need it. This is especially useful if you have the "Always On" registry key enabled or if you are really low on battery)
5. Wisbar Advance (for skinning the Today bar and Softkey bar. It also serves as a Task Management program)
6. Oxios Memory (to free up RAM)
7. Pocket RAR
8. NotifyMe (This activates all kinds of alarms just in case your SD card pops out by mistake. Very Handy App)
9. PPC Pim Backup v2.5 by DotFred (Backup program for SMS, PIM, Email, Appointments, Call Logs, Tasks etc)
10. Task Manager by DotFred (Very advanced features and a definite must have)
11. WM5torage (Activates the USB Mass Storage driver for the SD card so that you can plug-in your PPC to the computer without any drivers and have it recognize the SD Card as a USB Key)
12. AEB Plus (Button Manager so you can reassign the hardware keys with multiple functions. An absolute must have)
13. Safe Advanced (Safe mode for PPC... just incase a today plug-in malfunctions and it won't boot)
Internet

1. Opera v8.65 (slightly heavy on resources but required for websites that don't normally open with IE)
2. PIE Plus v2.2 (most important add-on for IE. This makes IE highly usable and supports tabbed browsing. It is also recommended for browsing most websites since it uses lesser resources compared to Opera)
3. Skype v2.2 Beta
4. Google Maps
5. WinMobile Torrent (PPC Torrent Client)
6. Octro Talk / Shape Services IM+ (Instant Messengers. Octro Supports VOIP for GoogleTalk)
Misc

1. TCPMP with plug-in (Multimedia player including the FLV plug-in)
2. RemoteAmp (Remote control the Winamp on your dektop using your PPC like a wireless remote control. Excellent App)
3. Adobe Acrobat (for ebooks)
4. MS Voice Command v1.6 US (Voice Command and Recognition Services. No need to record tags)

Attachments

• TCPMP v0.72RC1.zip
    709.6 KB · Views: 85
try Spb Mobile DVD for video converter. it will convert to .wmv compressed. the best in video quality and compatible with built in media player. ive used that software a lot. you will find it on DotSiS : Nokia, Symbian, Java Mobile Phone Discussions - Powered by vBulletin :p

SPB Mobile DVD is a good software to convert high res movies to QVGA format.

lol anyways he wrote it before me :) ive got 2 software DVDs of PPC softwares & games ;) the list is neve ending

thanks satan and nvidiabeast .... reps on the way :D ....

satan it will be nice if u can upload the codecs :) ..... i will install the softwares today nyt at home :)

Sure no problem... I'll extract the files from the cabs and up them. All you have to do is drop them in the TCPMP folder.

This would save you the time of running the installation of each plugin's cab.

EDIT: File Uploaded... There you go

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Do installing using .cab files give an option to install the program in storage card ?

Are PPCs prone to virus ? Do we actually require an anti-virus program?

I think HTC-Touch is already low on memory when compared to other devices.

ms_mahu" said:
Do installing using .cab files give an option to install the program in storage card ?

Yes and No, it all depends on what instructions are put in the CAB file. Most CABS give you the option to install either on the phone storage memory or the storage card although there are some apps which don't install to the Storage Card.

Are PPCs prone to virus ? Do we actually require an anti-virus program?

In all the years i've been using PPCs, i've never found it necessary for one. Again, it all depends on how you go about things. If you're the type that will pick up any random file off the internet and start to install it without checking to make sure it's from a reliable source, then I think it would be in your best interest to have an AV around.

I think HTC-Touch is already low on memory when compared to other devices.

From what I know, it's not all that different from the other HTC devices of the same configuration. The touch is slightly more loaded up beacuse of the Cube interface and the HTC today plugin which can be quite a memory hog.

But like all HTC devices, this one will also be hacked to death and resurrected with a gazillion new custom roms. Eventually one of the 'chefs' will come up with a 'Clean ROM' with a smaller pagepool that will give you quite a lot of free RAM and Program memory. Just a matter of time.

Back