PC Peripherals Help yet again for smps

w1nD

Adept
hi frnds i need ur help once again....

I m getting a gecube 4870 card ad for that me getting a coolermaster extreme 600w psu,so my question here is that is this power supply good ??

i m very tight on budget of 3.4k only :(
so please help me as i m going to get it rite tomorrow...please :huh:

thanks
regards,

PS : for rest of my pc hardware u can check my siggy :)

Don c the wattage name VX450 is very good gives 36amps on single 12v rails...CM600W ll do fine to be more future proof go for tagan 620 nt sure abt model no though ..:S :( ;)

Am using my 3 yr old Antec TP480 with the 4850 (OC'ed to 720 / 1075), 2 HDDs, one Optical drive and the Opty 165 OC'ed as well. The VX450 shouldn't even break a sweat in running the 4850 :)

yea i agree 450 is good but it leaves me very less space for future upgrades :(
also is igreen 500 better than extreme 600 ??

Yes iGreen and Real Power r better than Xtreme series, 80% effecienct,

Cooler Master Real Power Pro 550W costs 5k approx, check Shripad's review.

But I still reccommend VX450, or jump @ TX 650W.

SidhuPunjab said:
Yes iGreen and Real Power r better than Xtreme series, 80% effecienct,
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 550W costs 5k approx, check Shripad's review.

But I still reccommend VX450, or jump @ TX 650W.

i agree dude...but 450 is less re...it doesnt leave any space for my upgardes dat i m gonna make in a month...:S

Post UR planned upgrades here for precise reply. Increase UR budget, if strictly 3.4k, I doubt U can buy anything better than VX 450W. or get used if any1 selling, iirc Supra wants modular SMPS and he may sell his 550W real.

Don't let the 450W rating fool you. It packs in a meaty 33A of power on the 12V rail. The iGreen 500W has the same 33A of power, and even that is probably rated at a lower 25 deg C temp.

For under 4k, I seriously doubt you can do better than the VX450.

Do post your planned upgrades though, and if it really demands more power I guess you'd have to go up a segment :)

on extreme power supply calculator i got rating as 402W .... and 459 runs as 85% at max... means ideally a 385.x W :ashamed:

also me getting a 1tb hdd couple of ccfls :)

so now ??? :huh:

Same old B$ 100 times this past year. :(

Please read this and all other posts and use SEARCH on TE for VX450/CM600.
http://www.techenclave.com/794478-post22.html

(FYI, link in right hand corner at the top of that post takes one to the original thread.)

Someone PLEASE edit the title of the above thread as 'CM600 vs VX450' and sticky it- i am fed up of posting the same stuff again. :S
When i am feeling ok, i hope to compile a post with all good posts on the VX450 (vs CM600) and put it up or will be extremely grateful if someone can search TE and do that.:)

BIKeINSTEIN said:

Please read this and all other posts and use SEARCH on TE for VX450/CM600.
http://www.techenclave.com/794478-post22.html

(FYI, link in right hand corner at the top of that post takes one to the original thread.)

Someone PLEASE edit the title of the above thread as 'CM600 vs VX450' and sticky it- i am fed up of posting the same stuff again. :S
When i am feeling ok, i hope to compile a post with all good posts on the VX450 (vs CM600) and put it up or will be extremely grateful if someone can search TE and do that.:)

i m not asking for wrestling amongst PSUs :S i m here asking as a noob...even thou i kno... n i searched it but got irrelevant search results... nor did i get any dedicated post of cm600 so u call it B$ wen a fellow mate is trying to clear his doubts ??? but i dont care as others have helped me and i m very thankful to them :)

w1nD said:
hi frnds i need ur help once again....

I m getting a gecube 4870 card ad for that me getting a coolermaster extreme 600w psu,so my question here is that is this power supply good ??

i m very tight on budget of 3.4k only
so please help me as i m going to get it rite tomorrow...please

thanks
regards,
PS : for rest of my pc hardware u can check my siggy
BIKeINSTEIN said:
w1nD said:
i m not asking for wrestling amongst PSUs :S i m here asking as a noob...even thou i kno... n i searched it but got irrelevant search results... nor did i get any dedicated post of cm600 so u call it B$ wen a fellow mate is trying to clear his doubts ??? but i dont care as others have helped me and i m very thankful to them :)
That remark was a general one Mr. Know-it-all-i-dont-care-triple-question mark.
No one is mocking you Mr. reading-into-stuff- more than- he should. :cool2:

your search providing irrelevant results doesn't mean the information is not there.

I made that post again so that any other newbie who does stumble across your thread- as it is a psu query- has access to proper facts.
As not everyone has the time and patience to post the entire details again.

If you really knew your stuff, you would have asked "will VX450 suffice" and not "if i should get CM600" na. :cool2:

Since you know,good for you and all the best. :)

p.s. most statements in earlier post were for mods/others and youwould have understood it if you read it calmly in it's entirety with the request to the mods.
But you chose to focus on that one word i posted and took it in the wrong way?
And the link in that was for you and others who might be unaware.
This post is only for you.

Back