PC Peripherals Help yet again for smps

hehe thanks bikey sir :D
btw i got this on crysis benchmark tool :

Run #1- DX9 1680x1050 AA=2x, 32 bit test, Quality: VeryHigh ~~ Last Average FPS: 25.07
;) :rofl: :hap2:

i guess its pretty much nice :)
will post screenies in section 2morrow g2g for sleep now college 2morrow ;)

Guys, any help regarding the SMPS?:huh: I am on a tight budget of 1.5 - 2K and i am never gonna go for a SLI rig. So, what PSU would be sufficient?

I saw POV 500W and it says it's SLI ready with 2 PCI-E connectors as well but i don't need that much power for running a single 9600GT. Ain't it?
So, what should i go for? How are Glacialtech 500W SMPS? They have 29 A on the 12V rail.

@clown abhi cm460w at 2k is best has 18A on each of 12v rails.....
also look for powersafe 400w gold....seen on TD forums for .5k....:D

I searched and found that Cooler Master Extreme Power 460 are not continous 460 but is the max power. There is a POV Black Diamond 400W which is supposedly true power. Is it so?

So, it POV better than CM for the same price?

Also, had a question guys. What is Passive PFC. The CM460 doesn't have a PFC while the POV has a passive one. CM 500 has a passive one but that's outta my reach as of now. Is it of any use?

Or should i dump all these and go for the locally available POV Black diamond 500 for 2800 bucks.:mad:
God I am so confused:no:

If you are spending 2800 for a PSU, spend a little more and go for the Corsair VX450.

Coolermaster Extreme Power series have all inflated figures. Take them with a pinch of salt.

For e.g. the CM 600W PSU is actually a 500W rated PSU. Thats 100W over-rated !!! :!

Back