hi

Hi Rahim...gr8 to see you here :D :D :D

deceased?? why??? :S BTW my A7N8X Dlx got deceased too...so gettin another A7N8X Dlx :p

250 posts :clap:

SunMysore said:
Hi Rahim...gr8 to see you here :D :D :D
deceased?? why??? :S BTW my A7N8X Dlx got deceased too...so gettin another A7N8X Dlx :p

250 posts :clap:
@ sunny,

WTH ????????:mad:
care to tell me about it. ??

you may pm me.
@ Rahimali,
Welcome to TE.

deejay said:
@ sunny,
WTH ????????:mad:
care to tell me about it. ??
you may pm me.
@ Rahimali,
Welcome to TE.

i'm a bit confused regarding your post actually but if you wanna know about my board, here goes:

It had never given me any problems. I left it running (last) thursday night encoding a movie (men in black 2), woke up the next morning to find it frozen at the login screen. I rebooted but didnt get anything on screen. after three or four reboots it booted up, went into windows but froze within five min. rebooted again, same thing. rebooted again and nothing - no display no boot, no nothing - i wasnt exactly sure what had gone wrong so i took all the components to a friend's shop to test them out and tried activating the board with memory, proc and video card from there - no luck

the sad part is i cannot find a quality replacement for it - i might eventually even end up having to buy a GBF to replace it and that would have to be the darkest day of my life :(

the only alternative i have to the GBF is this board which happens to be a server board but I'm still in two minds whether or not I should buy it. it costs 10.6K. The GBF is between 5 and 6K depending on whether it comes with onboard LAN

Meanwhile, I'm stuck using a P3 with (thankfully) 512 MB of PC133 on an AOpen AX3S Pro mobo and intel's eXtremely suck like hell grafix :no:

Hi rahimali,

No, it was for sunny. i had sold him that m/b. so wanted to know what happened to it. thats all.

Re: your m/b problem. does the power light on the m/b and / or the fans move a little bit even when you power on the m/b. ???

any way try removing the battery on the m/b, keep it aside overnight. and in the morning insert a new, working battery and try.

post back ur observations.
edit: forgot to mention this. after changing the battery start ur m/c with a old pci graphics card. and try both "with" and "without" the rams inserted.

if the rams are not there the m/b will make some noise (if its working) which is a healthy and encouraging sign.

thats an excellent idea. i'm gonna do it right now.

the fans are all powering on, even the disgustingly funky northbridge fan is working so the PSU is okay

how about some input on the motherboard - i'd love some help with making up my mind about which way to go

first let us try reviving ur m/b . if it does not work will suggest alternative m/b. i have edited my earlier reply kindly go through it.

Back