Hibernate Isssue in Win 7

sabby

ex-Mod
Jun 13, 2009
Bangalore
I have two Win 7 installed in two HDDs. The first one was made in october and the second one was a few days ago when I bought a new HDD. In the older one, I can Hibernate. But in the new one, hibernating results in sleep mode. :( No, I can't find the Hybrid sleep option in the advanced menu so that I disable it although running "powercfg -avaiablesleepstates" shows that I have both hibernate and hybrid sleep on. This is not a BIOS prob since I can hibernate in the older one. Uninstalled the windows update but no result. :(

Can anyone help me to find out the problem ? :S

UPDATE: I could show the Hybrid Sleep option in the advanced power menu but disabling it didn't have any effect on hibernation. :(

UPDATE 2:

There are two Suspend modes in my BIOS. S1(POS) and S3(STR) and auto. setting the option to S3 makes visible the Hybrid Sleep option in advanced power menu. But it doesn't have any effect on my issue.

Also there are 3 ACPI, v1.0,v2.0,v3.0. The default is v1.0. Should I change it ? :S

UPDATE 3:

Issuing a "shutdown /h" resulted in sleep too and the output was "The system can not find the specified file. <2>"

Happy Singh

Adept
Sep 9, 2008
Same mode in both the options! that too after re-installing the windows,how can it be possible? did you use any other utility for manual power setting? or is this windows exactly the same as the older one? or you installed it from some other DVD

sam000

Adept
Nov 25, 2007
Hey me too facing problem with windows 7 when i shut down and restart i hear the "BEEP" from the mobo then windows 7 hang's at "starting window's" screen.
I have to push the power button off when i restart it say's "window's did not shut properly etc" when i choose " boot normally" it goes into os no problem what's happening here is it the OS or am i doing something wrong:huh:.Sorry for posting it here mod's can delete it if necessary i will start a new thread:(

Happy Singh

Adept
Sep 9, 2008
sabby said:
Both copies installed from the same DVD. No, I don't use any power utility program.

are you using same rig or this issue is in other rig?

sam000 said:
Hey me too facing problem with windows 7 when i shut down and restart i hear the "BEEP" from the mobo then windows 7 hang's at "starting window's" screen.

I have to push the power button off when i restart it say's "window's did not shut properly etc" when i choose " boot normally" it goes into os no problem what's happening here is it the OS or am i doing something wrong:huh:.Sorry for posting it here mod's can delete it if necessary i will start a new thread:(

Did you changed any setting from bios? or try restore plan default in advanced power option

sabby

ex-Mod
Jun 13, 2009
Bangalore
@navin

didn't quite get you ! :S Are you asking me the models ? I got one 80GB Samsung and another 500GB Seagate 7200.12.

@roadrippersid

yeah. actually powercfg shows that hibernate is enable.

s_anuj

Adept
Feb 26, 2008
Bangalore
unboxedninja.blogspot.in
I've been having hibernate issues with Win 7 as well. Mine's 7100 build (ultimate x64).

After tweaking the power options & even shutting off wake-up on lan etc. it's still temperamental. Most of the time, it'll power-down for 2-3 secs on hibernate & immediately wake up. sometimes, it acts as it ideally should.

That's on my desktop; on my acer 4520 the same ISO runs flawlessly. Any patches i might have missed?

Jan 6, 2009
Delhi
do this in the system that is not able to hibernate.

start menu > type "cmd"

on command prompt type

powercfg.exe /hibernate on

its either / or \.

Also make sure u have set option to hibernate and not to sleep in power in control panel.

Then try again to hibernate !

If thisi also doesnt work ... then to check ... do all the above steps and make a shortcut on desktop .. when it asks location ->>>> "rundll32.exe PowrProf.dll, SetSuspendState"

Hope it helps !

sabby

ex-Mod
Jun 13, 2009
Bangalore
Himanshunegi198 said:
If thisi also doesnt work ... then to check ... do all the above steps and make a shortcut on desktop .. when it asks location ->>>> "rundll32.exe PowrProf.dll, SetSuspendState"

couldn't understand !! :S could you elaborate ?