high end 6gb ddr3 ram and psu doubt

fatjivi

Disciple
my sis is coming from USA next month so i wanted to get some good RAM for my pc
i have i7-950,gtx 460 1gb SLI,sabertooth x58,cm gx 750 watts
getting a venemous x soon
my current ram kingston ddr3 which wont help me overclock my cpu
im looking to OC to around 3.8ghz or more

plz suggest some good 6gb ram sets(2gb each for tri channel) which will help me achieve this goal
also im not sure if my psu is good enough to handle i7 950 and gtx 460 sli at OC???

i dont know how much they will cost in USA but dont suggest very expensive ones
i dont want an overkill just enough to achieve good overclocking :)

Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS3 6GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 PC3 12800 Desktop Memory Model CMX6GX3M3C1600C7

$135 7-8-7-20 :) Excellent user reviews too. CM GX750 PSU is not that good. Good PSU review sites like the Hardware Secrets and JonnyGuru feel it makes a decent 600 watter but not a 750w one. I wouldnt suggest GTX460 SLI and Core i-7 Oced in that PSU :no:

Get a Corsair TX750 ~ 95 shipped ($70 with MIR :)) if on a tight budget.

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

hmmm the g.skill is too expensive
@dark angel
ur suggestion fits the budget perfectly :)

plz someone clear my psu doubt as well
coz if my psu isnt powerful enough to OC my config then there is no point of getting this RAM set :(

Conclusions

Cooler Master GX 750 W looks like a good option for users looking for a mainstream 750 W power supply, however it has a major flaw that prevents us from recommending it: noise level at +3.3 V and +5VSB outputs were above the maximum allowed when we pulled 600 W and above from this unit. High noise levels overload and can even damage components on your computer.

If you are looking for a mainstream 750 W power supply our recommendation is still Seventeam ST-750P-AF, which is USD 20 cheaper than Cooler Master GX 750 W and provides better performance (namely higher efficiency and lower noise levels). Of course GX 750 W offers as advantages having four power cables for video cards and more SATA power connectors, but it is only safe to run this new Cooler Master unit up to 450 W.

Cooler Master GX 750 W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

Summary

Coolermaster has a decent 600 watt unit here. The unit does pretty well for stability and efficiency, doesn't get very loud, and... what? It's a 750 watt unit?

Facepalm.

Past Coolermaster units have done pretty well here in the lab, and I'm puzzled that this one has done so poorly. I hope that next time, if there is a next time, we'll have something worth getting excited about.

The Good:

• appearance
  • enough cabling to handle anything a 750W unit can power
  • somewhat shallow depth

The Bad:

• cannot handle heat at 750 watts

[*]ripple issues on the 3.3V rail

• questionable capacitor quality

The Mediocre:

• voltage regulation

Coolermaster GX-750 750W Review

sorry ant this post didnt read ur earlier post
well thats that then
no point in getting those RAM's as i cant OC with my gx 750 then :(

RAM have life time warranty but if they fail you have to bear that loss. Price difference of Corsair XM series isnt that much i would suggest get products from place where you can get them RMA if they fail.

One corsair set failed got it RMA easily. One OCZ failed the international site is asking me to ship it to them plus shipping back cost. So they are sitting idle for me.

Back