CPU/Mobo High fan speed - is this normal - plz help

anfjavid

Skilled
The fan speed of my proccy has gone more than 6000rpm. Is this due to the hot season ?. I am from Chennai and PC is in a NON-A/C room. Previously from the day of purchase it was only 4500 - 5000rpm . But for the past 10 days it has gone more than 5500 and today it has crossed 6000 OMG.

My mobo is m3n78em and proccy is x2 550be. Using latest bios 0710. Please tell me if these fan speed is normal by going through this link.

Yfrog - 70550455

Where are you checking it? Bios or some software. Few heat sink fans I have observed had max 2800-3000 RPM. So your normal i.e. 4500 itself is a bit suspicious. Though I have not used same MB so can not exactly tell but cross verifying it with some other tool will be a good idea.

Additionally have u noticed your processors temps. are they increased now. As otherwise CPU fan speed should no be increased.

The fan speed is pretty high but nothing to worry on the temps. If you are irritated by the loud noise do this Desktop(R.click) > Properties > Screensaver > Advanced > Change power plan to 'Balanced' or 'Power Saver'.

And check if Q-Fan is enabled in BIOS and Cool'n'Quiet.

adi_vastava said:
Where are you checking it? Bios or some software. Few heat sink fans I have observed had max 2800-3000 RPM. So your normal i.e. 4500 itself is a bit suspicious. Though I have not used same MB so can not exactly tell but cross verifying it with some other tool will be a good idea.

Additionally have u noticed your processors temps. are they increased now. As otherwise CPU fan speed should no be increased.

There is no increase in the temperature but only in fan speed. I get the same temperature, fan speed from bios, pc probe and even in hw monitor. I posted the link hwmonitor also

hash said:
The fan speed is pretty high but nothing to worry on the temps. If you are irritated by the loud noise do this Desktop(R.click) > Properties > Screensaver > Advanced > Change power plan to 'Balanced' or 'Power Saver'.

And check if Q-Fan is enabled in BIOS and Cool'n'Quiet.

There is no irritating noise. Only if i switch off the ceiling fan and after 11 pm in the night i can hear some noise so thats not an issue...

I think qfan is disabled in bios by default. Should i enable it ?. I think some drivers shud be installed if qfan is enabled, right ?

no need of drivers.

just enable Q-fan as well as Cool n Quiet.

switch to 'Balanced' or 'Power Saving' mode in power options to make sure ythe cool and quiet works properly.

thanx for your help guys, have enabled q-fan and now the fan speed has come down to 4500rpm. Now i have a doubt. Will this cause any random lag issues or any other issues while gaming ??

if u r using AMD then fan speeds r high.

i have recently bought a phenom 965 c3 and my stock fan runs at 5k - 6k RPM.

and sounds like a rail engine runing in my room.

i am irritated with this noise and for this reason going for a high end cpu cooler.

AMD stock fans do run on the faster side usually.The stock fan which came with my 3000+ would do a 5.5 k normally.So, relax.And do keep an eye out on the core temperature.

i recently purchased my new pc .... everything runs fine .. except that my 955 cpu fan is running tooo fast 5-6k rpm ....

m using MA-785GM-US2H

.... i used easy tune to reduce the fan speed ...... to 4.5k

the temp of the cpu is arnd 40-45 C

what should the normal fan speed be ...and normal temp ...

pls advice

Back