High Output Voltage in Microtek Home UPS

Chiranjib

Disciple
Dear Members,

I have a Microtek Sinewave home UPS (SWE2-875) coupled with a Exide 150Ah Invatubular Battery for the past 1.5 years. While the performance so far has been satisfactory, one issue is bothering me.

The UPS is giving output at 245-250 V at no load, which is shooting upto 260V on switching on fans. Previously also this issue had happened some 3-4 times in which a technician calibrated the device to give output at around 220V. However, the calibrations don't last for more than 3-4 months, post which the UPS starts giving an output voltage of around 250V.

I would like to know whether such calibrations need to be performed on a regular basis or is my UPS faulty. The UPS has still 7 months of warranty left.

Thanks,
Chiranjib

Well that shows the quality of the product,while they do vary over time 4 months is to short of time.

APC UPS don't need calibrations for years.

How you measured the output voltage ?

Verify it with a technician. If the output voltage is too high, it seems to be that the UPS is faulty.

I have a digital volt meter, which measures the voltage being fed to the circuit on a real-time basis. Additionally, I have verified it with a digital multi-meter and both the meters gave the same reading.

Back