Budget 90k+ High-performance workstation that can handle rigorous demands of my professional work

shreeranga

Recruit
Agreed. He should have linked the sources for all those claims.

Would you prefer to buy a new product that has no warranty or 5 year warranty, at the same price? That's the point he was trying to make. Warranty gives you a guaranteed period of operation. If it fails, you can get a replacement.

Paying so much for stuff that is out of warranty makes no sense, it's illogical and nothing to do with being a cheapskate. And unlike mechanical products, it is nearly impossible to ascertain how much life is left in an electronic device or to repair them. So if/when it fails, it's just a total loss for the buyer.

For reference here's what 1 lakh can get you brand new, with FULL warranty and performs WAY better than a 3700X!
R5 7600 + B650M + 64GB + 1000W + same case + similar SSD = 79k.
Use the remainder to get a better GPU than 2070S.

Basically, newer low tier products blow older top/mid tier out of the water AND give you warranty. Unless the seller lists it for significantly lower, there's really no sense in buying at that price. Here's a listing for a 3 month old 7700X +B650m + 32GB @ 50k for reference. Includes warranty.

I feel some people here live in their own bubble and think they can quote whatever price they feel like, having no idea how little their used stuff is actually worth. With the restriction of price discussion on the sales thread, they continue to live in a well and complain of getting low-balled.

If you still feel otherwise, I have a delidded 3770k w/ Liquid Metal + 32GB + Z77X that I can post a FS thread for a mouth watering price of just 99,999 ;) Else you should retract your statement about the new member and welcome them instead.
I'm in this forum for a high-performance workstation that can handle the rigorous demands of my professional work. I am impressed by your knowledge of configuring such systems and would appreciate the opportunity to explore your advice.

My specific requirements are as follows:
(a) CPU: A workstation-class CPU with at least 22 cores or more, built for multithreaded applications and capable of handling high-performance scientific computing, data processing, virtualization, and more capabilities, is highly valuable.

(b) RAM: At least 64 GB of DDR4 or DDR5 memory is essential to ensure seamless multitasking and data processing.

(c) Storage: A balanced storage solution with over 2TB of SATA HDD for data storage and a fast 1TB SSD NVMe for rapid access to critical files and applications, including OS.

(d) GPU: A GPU with at least 8 GB GDDR6, a 256-bit bus width, and memory bandwidth greater than 243 GB/s to support graphics-intensive tasks such as video editing.
(e) Networking: Wi-Fi 5e or 6e, a 2.5 Gb LAN chip for high-speed data transfer, and Bluetooth 5.2 capabilities for smooth connectivity.
(f) Connectivity: An HDMI port for multiple displays is needed, and a 100/1000 Gb LAN port for reliable network communication.
(g) I am open to exploring both new and refurbished options as long as they come with a warranty.

However, I would appreciate it if you could suggest specific components and brands that would best suit my requirements, relative to my focus on my workstation class requirements of high-performance computing, data analysis, and video editing. Also, if you could help me get reasonable estimates, that would be greatly appreciated.

Your advice would be of great assistance to me in making an informed decision.

Last edited:
Back