High Power draw for RDR2 on PC

I recently started playing RDR2 on PC and i noticed that it draws, on an average, 240W. Can go as high as 270W.

But Forza Horizon 5 draws at max 120W.

Can anyone tell me why that might be? I doubt that RDR2 is not optimized.

VRAM consumtion for RDR2 is 5 Gigs and for FH5 is 8.5 gigs.

Thanks

Can't say for sure without knowing PC & monitor specs but RDR2 is both CPU and GPU heavy.

That's not the case for FH5. It's pretty chill on CPU and if you have a fast enough GPU and have capped the framerate, it would pull less power.

I5 11400f
4080 super
FH5 is CPU bottlenecked, as simple as that. So 4080S has relative low usage, resulting in overall low power draw. It is anyways not a CPU heavy game as said earlier, but single core performance matters a lot for gaming.

RDR2 won't hit CPU bottleneck as easily & is heavier on the CPU. So overall power draw of CPU & GPU will be higher.

Honestly, your system is way too imbalanced, even for 1440p or 4K. It is weaker for gaming than the R5 5600 shown below. I hope you are considering upgrading CPU to at least R5 7600 in future.

1729417105231.png

Yes i realise that my system is bottlenecked but it's mostly a machine learning rig with couple of 3090s attached with x1 risers... Since that itself is a bottleneck i didn't need a very fast cpu.

Back