Camera High Zoom Camera Under 15k

stavan_d

Disciple
I'm taking a trip to Jammu and i really dont wanna use my phone cam for taking the pics.

So, i'm looking for a good camera with high zoom which is useful for taking outdoor pictures anything with more than 16x zoom should be great.

should i get a cam with rechargeable battery? How much is the battery life?

i'm not sure what else to look for or what kinda features to expect so if TE members can provide info about that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

sd

Yep, would agree with Alpha on those ones as being close to best in category.

Only watch that the cam he has linked to is the Powershot range, which is not the same as the Ixus. [That's got a 240 as the model no. too]. Also, on the HX9V, there is a limited manual mode & no AP, SP modes. [Consider these only if you're keen on learning photography, wanting to graduate to a DSLR someday].

You might also consider the Panasonic TZ25/30. [ Best Compact Superzoom Cameras 2012 ]

Wrt the features, most cameras in the same price range have similar features. So probably, the things to look for will be zoom range, how good the lens stabilization is at the longest zoom, wide angle specs, video capabilities, image quality at higher iso [i.e. low light situations] & the like. Also remember that IQ will be largely dependent on what size/medium you'll finally be viewing the pic on. If you're the type that wants to scrutinize at the pixel level, you can do so here.

If it were up to me, I'd go for the Canon SX 240 {if I could increase the budget} or the TZ25/TZ30 or HX9V in that order. HTH.

PS: Canon also has the advtg. of the CHDK

Check out the Nikon L810 selling below 13K comes with a case,set of four AA Nikon batteries & charger,4 GB card & two year warranty.
You might need a extra set of rechargeable batteries & SDHC card.for best results get a set of Sanyo eneloop 2400 mAH batteries.

Battery life is good for about 300 snaps.Lots of picture modes & great macro shots. Low light shots with flash are also quite good.

Some of a few -ve's is that there is no complete manual focus mode,No viewfinder,Flash has to be manually flipped open.

In short a great bridge camera on a budget.

I would suggest a Fuji Zoom in that budget. gets the best bang for buck. U can get some extra bag, mem card, batteries, tripod for the left over money. U cant just buy the most expensive cam in 15k.

The S3300 comes to mind. A decent clicker. Since most will be outdoor and flash photos it be nice.

Well if u want night photo then.... i suggest u to borrow a friends DSLR. simple and cheap. :)

Back