Highly reliable non Indian Domain registrar(s) and Hosting ???

dreamCatcher

Disciple
If one was to suggest a no nonsense domain registrar (International), who would not play around with your valuable domain name, who would it be?

Again, as the title says, a very reliable shared hosting solution which can handle occasional traffic spikes and has the capability to handle 20,000 page views everyday regularly.

Pour in your suggestions and anybody has any experience with moniker.com who is suppose to be one the best domain registrars.

I've used both Namecheap and Moniker for the past 5 years or so and I've gradually begun to prefer Moniker as my register of choice. They're both almost identical in their pricing and Namecheap's UI is slightly more intuitive however Moniker provides the best support possible. So, pick either of the two and you should be good to go.

Also, I would never host my websites with a registrar. Take a look at A Small Orange | Web Hosting, Design, Software and more! for your hosting needs.

As you both have suggested, I too am inclined towards namecheap and moniker. No doubt Moniker looks a little primitive but, has a solid post sales support and its a Canadian company so they are level headed. Namecheap is also good but, it being a Enom reseller is a little worrying and Enom is highly notorious. Namecheap is slightly cheap with useful freebies, whereas Moniker charges for all the added services.

Gaurish, can you suggest a few cloud hosting solutions, all I can think of are Amazon hosting and rackspace, both being extremely expensive.

Amaresh, thanks for the link, I did check asmallorange.com and it has gone into my list.

I have been thinking of media temple as a hosting solution for a long time, with their robust Grid hosting being better than the regular shared hosting. Costs $20 a month, $200 a year and around $150/160 with a coupon. Any thoughts on this ?

dreamCatcher said:
Gaurish, can you suggest a few cloud hosting solutions, all I can think of are Amazon hosting and rackspace, both being extremely expensive.

There are many other reputed players like vps.net,gigenetcloud.com it would be best, if you could tell your requirements, what scripts you run and budget, so I could suggest you something.

I have been thinking of media temple as a hosting solution for a long time, with their robust Grid hosting being better than the regular shared hosting. Costs $20 a month, $200 a year and around $150/160 with a coupon. Any thoughts on this ?

Not sure what is the current situation but early it was very bad. lots of downtime examples:

Outages for MediaTemple Grid Hosting Service | Netcraft

What a Difference a Host Makes: How Media Temple is Ruining the Grids Good Name

Media Temple Admits to Grid Service Failures, Mistakes

I would avoid it

Thank you both. I had read all kinds of mixed reviews regarding mt before but, the links you have provided makes me not to go ahead with them. The current situation with up time has improved, however, still not convincing to go ahead.

Does anyone have any experience with host.co.in for hosting ? If I want to host a forum and CMS website and my primary audience is India, will hosting on a server based in India improve the website performance? Or it does not matter if its a Indian or US based host for website performance ?

Shakensoul said:
Does anyone have any experience with host.co.in for hosting ? If I want to host a forum and CMS website and my primary audience is India, will hosting on a server based in India improve the website performance? Or it does not matter if its a Indian or US based host for website performance ?
Try hostso, really cheap and reliable. Hosting 3 sites already from them.

+1

Namecheap for .com and other tld's, mitsu.in for .in, .co.in domain registration.

Hostgator.com for decent shared hosting. Wiredtree.com for great dedicated hosting.

+1

jsmithe said:
+1

Namecheap for .com and other tld's, mitsu.in for .in, .co.in domain registration.

Hostgator.com for decent shared hosting. Wiredtree.com for great dedicated hosting.

10 chars

Hostgator seems to be expensive. My requirements are ~ 1GB space, 10GB bandwidth, multiple domains, good speed for Indian customers since I'll be hosting phpbb forum, budget is around 3000 p.a. Within my budget, only host.co.in or asmallorange.com seems to be within my budget and requirement. Any other options?

Ya hostgator is good but really costly comparing to others. Try hostso, I'm hosting 3 sites from them, A.S.S. is very good and helpfull. You can also look at whost.in, outpowerhosting for cheap options.

I am also looking at hostdime.com / hostdime.in since they have a server in India and their plans are pretty reasonably priced and they have positive feedback.

Back