Audio hissssss sound from ideal speaker, is that normal?

I got new creative inspire T3030 2.1 speakers the sound is good but on 40% volume I hear a hissssssssssss sound which does not go & the volume has to be manually controlled down.

At 60% volume the speakesr are surely humming the hisss louder & they are picking up the sound of cabinet fans & mouse courser over the files (all window sounds are OFF) is that normal? Hdd acessing is also sounding through speakers when the volume is 60% this is only heard when you are in quite room & no music is playing.

I have older speaker 4.1 they never do this.

I have connected a wifi microphone & that has further enhanced this hisssss sound & I am getting mad with it now :mad::mad:.

Seems some kind of shielding is required, need some suggestions.

Your current speakers have higher dB/w sensitivity than your previous speakers, and hence they pick up more noise/bottom range sounds.

Try connecting speakers to onboard audio and see if hissing sound remains. If it does, then your speakers need proper earthing, check the 3rd pin of the plug-top.

Second possible solution: Connect speakers and microphone to the front panel jacks of the sound card if they were earlier in rear panel or Vice-versa. Also try connecting speakers to rear while mic in front.

Sato,

The power adapter for creative has only 2pin so I wonder how would I do proper earthing, The computer & all peripherals are connected to APC-UPS (it has 3pin), cpu & monitor has 3 pins too so I guess they are grounded with earth but may be the power line in the house itself be not grounded properly.......could that be the reason?

I called up the dealer he was surprised to know that the speaker are hissing that badly, he wants to test the speaker in creative service center, but before I take them there I want to rule out all the possibilities at my end.

The speakers (woofer main unit) is kept between the CPU & UPS, can that cause some interference which might be creating this hissssssss?

check the 3rd pin of the plug-top.
what do I look in that pin?

What else can I look to get proper earthing?

I also have the same problem. To rule out the issue in speakers, you can try connecting them to any other battery powered source (like an iPod or portable CD player). If the hissing stops, then your PC is the culprit. In such a case, try sato1986's suggestion of connecting it to the front panel.

The problem is due to static charges accumulating in the PC's cabinet due to bad earthing. Now since the sound card ports are all located on a metal base, and the 3.5 mm jack for speakers is also metallic, the charge is transmitted to the speakers. The front panel ports are usually on a platic base and hence have less chances of transmitting this noise.

go to your audio setings in control panel and mute ur mic.

this can eliminate most of the noise

u have to mute ur mic for that , and dont worry , ur mic will work with yahoo/skype even if its muted in the audio settings in windows ,

if u dont mute mic u will hear ur own voise in the speakers while speaking from mic , and that is not required at all

2ndly u need earthing

yes, its ture,the T series speakers are more sensitive too, we also received many calls from so many customers for the same,many problems found on local assembled PCs, but no problems found on Lenovo & Dell desktops.Many are using front audio for to bypass noise, but no solution for 5.1/7.1 setups unless it has front HD jack.

We found that many local cabinets SMPS also have no proper power sheilding, we can check the same by replacing it with a branded PSU, more than 80% noise is absent !!.

Also rear case/side case fans wires (low quality) also causes the problem,so that even HDD/DVD spin noise is also picked up.

MohitPreet said:
go to your audio setings in control panel and mute ur mic.
I need to use the mike i have bought that specifically for house parties.

How can i use front audio when I am using the creative sound card, i think i cant, or do I take the output from back of sound card & give the input to front audio.

try connecting them to any other battery powered source (like an iPod or portable CD player)
I tried with my LG tv/set top box & the hiss still remains so does that indicate that the house itself has no proper earthing. the speakers don't hiss unless I connect them to TV or computer which kind of confirms that the devices are not earthed properly

What can i do (myself) for computer earthing?

Got all earthing checked

The mains have earthing, all points in the house have earthing, the ups was checked for earthing, the smps was checked for earthing & all have the correct earthing but this hiss sound does not go away, the electrician checked by using a bulb holder & putting wires in phase+earth & the bulb illuminated indicating that the earth is properly grounded, then he checked using a multi meter & putting wires in phase+earth the meter shows voltage flow of 228 volts (Is this a correct way to check)

Can anyone find another source of problem either with computer earthing or speakers?

2nd update
I connected my main desktop to these speakers (earlier these were connected to my old computer) keeping everything same, the hissing sound is gone completely, the testing computer has branded SMPS zebronics platinum & also the sound card was different, my main doubt is now on smps, cant fit the smps in that old cabinet since its small old cabinet, will test later with the new smps & report back.

Speakers are now perfectly fine & I played upto 80% volume without a hint of hissing on the testing computer.

Back