PC Peripherals Hitachi 80gb SATA2 for 3000/- ?

zhopudey

Skilled
Read in chip (the monster pc issue) that hitachi 80gb sata2 is for 3000/-. Is that true? Then 2 of these in raid-0 would give amazing performance.
Any idea whether this will work with the A8N-E? I would like to use this raid array for the OS, apps and games.
@mehargags, you'd posted earlier that hitachi sata2 drives can't boot on an A8N-E. Is this true?

Last edited by a moderator:
A8N-E has nf4 Ultra chipset, which supports SATA2..so its a worthy buy for sure....

infact, i'll be gettin the 160 or 250 of the hitachi SATA2 pretty soon ;)

zhopudey said:
Read in chip (the monster pc issue) that hitachi 80gb sata2 is for 3000/-. Is that true?

Of course its not true... check attached image.. it should be 2520/- ... looks like the same drive..

ahhhh...but they've not mentioned whether its pata, sata or sata2.

I'm asking about price cause once I'd read in chip/digit that maxtor 200gb was for 7K ( this was couple of years ago). I went running to the dealer, only to find that it cost >10K. So I ended up buying good old 80gb.

zhopudey said:
ahhhh...but they've not mentioned whether its pata, sata or sata2.

I'm asking about price cause once I'd read in chip/digit that maxtor 200gb was for 7K ( this was couple of years ago). I went running to the dealer, only to find that it cost >10K. So I ended up buying good old 80gb.

Now when I think about it the Hitachi 80gb must be a PATA drive - from that ad you will at least now know who to buy from :)

Maxtor 200gb for 10k !!!.... WOW....... But I suppose 2 years back prices were very different....

For a Maxline 11 250GB PATA - I paid 7900/- and at that time for a Seagate SATA 200 I paid 5650/- and for a Maxtor 160gb SATA I paid 4900/-. All this was in Jan 2005 ..... prices MUST be a bit lower today.

Back