Storage Solutions Hitachi Hard disk not detected and beeping

askids

Disciple
Hi,

I recently asked my friend to get a Hitachi 2TB drive from US. When I plugged it in, the HDD was not detected. A little bit later there was a beep sound coming repeatedly after every 5 secs. If I disconnect the power supply to the HDD, the beeping sound stops. This is the first time I am hearing any HDD making beeping sound. Is it completely gone and needs to be RMA'd or are there any hopes left?

My MB is M4A785TD-V EVO and HDD is Hitachi 2TB 0F12117.

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks
askids

It can be PSU problem also. Check on your friend's computers who got branded PSU.OR you remove all your power connections except motherboard's and connect your HDD and check in bios.

I am using Corsair VX450. I have addtnl 2 ATA HDD(320 & 120), 1 Sata HDD(500) and 1 SATA DVD drive already connected. Do you think that the PSU is over loaded? The new HDD is a 2TB SATA drive.

Normally hitachi HDDs come with a "Y" shaped USB cable and sometimes work only if you have connected them to two USB ports, i am not sure about this but one of my friends hitachi HDD works only with this trick :p

askids said:
I am talking about internal HDD and not external one.
Oh! Actually my friends hitachi external HDD has this same beeping problem,hope you find a solution to this problem.

I tried removing all ATA drives and just connected the 3 SATA drives. But the new drive was not recognized. I will retry with only the new HDD.

Disconnected power from all other drives including DVD drive. Connected only the new HDD. But still have the same problem. The HDD is not getting detected.

Back