Hlp, another recommend phone query

Hotstuff

Skilled
Sorry guys, but i am back with another query.
I have a bugdet of around 5-6k (6k max)
Need memory slot, bluetooth and cam.
(good looks though not important, wont hurt either)
Considering to get SE Z530i...
are there any good other options
Plz hlp ,fast as ineed to get it soon
TIA :hap2: :hap2:

the SEz530i has a very bad display..its suckier than the w300i, its cousin... apart from tht there isnt much difference..get the L7..it has a very good screen and looks much better too...plus u get all tht u are looking for in tht budget...:)

The Z530i is not available afaik. If memory slot is not really necessary then you can go for k510i for ~5.8k or so. I think the L7 is over your budget...

arre mem slot is necesasry cos i need space for storing my mp3's....

what is the current price of the L7

@ankit: Z530i is available at Big Bazaar

@ananth: i cant get an L7i cos that is way over my budget...

@udit: isnt a CSTN display very bad, is it better than Z530i's display

Also, i had heard that motorola software is slow n buggy... is it true

i know i am asking too much but i need help guys

The Z530i is close to your 6 K budget. The CSTN display on the Nokia 6085 is even worse than the display on the Z530i imho. The L7 is closer to 7k and the L7i will be higher by about another 1 K. Note that though the Z530i appears a good buy at 6K you will get a shock when you buy the memory which is a costly M2 type.

If you are considering touching the 7K barrier then do look at the E250 from Samsung. Even though it is a 65K TFT, it does look brilliant and competes quite favourably with the 256 K TFTs on other brands.

If you want features at a low budget then you may look at the LG Dynamite KG200 but I wouldn't touch an LG myself.

one reason that deters me from buying motorola L7, is that it gets soiled just too easily...also IMO motorola resale value is not that great...

i am touching LG, LG and phnes normally dont go together

so IMO its down to two phones

Nokia 6085

Sony Ericsson Z530i

SO plz help me

with both da above mentioned phones... u wont get stereo headphones and data cable...

considering headphones + data cable + memory card would be costlier for Sony...for saving money Go for Nokia 6085...

You can check out da screen quality in some videos on gsmarena.com (video link on phone specification page)

i believe you get a Stereo headset + 64 MB card...

a 1 GB mini SD card wud be 700 bucks...

and the data cable is USB to mini USB.. so ur mp3 player or cam cable shud normally work...

If you are anyways able to fork up the moolah for the L7 don't ignore the E250. It is a real beauty specially the black one. Also for another few hundred bucks you can get the Z550i which is a real good phone with a better display, better camera and slimmer than the Z530i.

Just returned from market...

Got the Nokia 6085 for 5975 bux (a very decent price, IMO) from Subhiksha

I enquired everywhere, and all shopkeeprs said that moto didnt produce the L7 anymore and that it has been replaced by the L7i, which was too costly for me, cos my mom wudnt buy me one as my 1st phone

Everything is fine with d phone except that the display sux after i have gotten used to my dad's N72 display.

Another sucky thing abt this phone is that it has only 4mb internal mem.

Other than that the phone is cool, specially the Series 40 3rd Edition Service Pack 1 UI...

One last question

I need a 512mb or 1gb microSD(Transflash) mem card for the phone... I was quoted a price of 950 bux for a Sandisk 1 gb card...is this price ok... what are the prices of the 512mb and 1gb versions of the card , which companies and what prices....

TIA

Toshiba 512 mb=700 bucks and 1 GB=950 bucks with 6 months warranty..so i think sandisk 1 gb for 950 is good value too..

You do get cheaper micro sd cards but then they do not carry warranty and quality wise, its better to spend a lil bit more and have peace of mind..:)

Back