Holiday in rajasthan - Suggestions please!!

Raghav_K

Disciple
So i'm planning to holiday in rajasthan, for 3 days next month.

Planning to explore only one city for 3 days.

What are my options? Makemy trip showed, Jaipur, Udaipur and Jodhpur! Which is better to keep me occupied for 3 days? Any other suggestions? I will be travelling from chennai!!

Thanks!!

Udaipur seems like a good choice. Plenty of places of tourist interest. And probably a day trip on one of the days to a nearby place like Chittorgarh. I've been to both Jaipur and Udaipur in the past, and prefer Udaipur over Jaipur any day.

I had gone to Udaipur last year around the same time. For a three day trip, I guess Udaipur can offer you more. Jaisalmer doesn't offer much though the stay at desert camp is good fun

Just 2 weeks back we went to the Jodhpur for 2 days trip.
We went there basically for photography. Mehrangarh Fort is the main attraction. It is India's biggest fort.
At night you can visit otr (on the rock) bistro. It is very nice chill out place. And yes hunt for the roadside Jalebi.There are plenty of it.
Jaisalmer is nice option too. Do not miss Tanot Border. Road from Jaisalmer to Tanot is Simply amazing.
Couple of pictures I am sharing here.

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 228
  • DSC_0072.jpg
    DSC_0072.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 207
guys, any specific holiday season in rajasthan? first of second week of dec is fine? i guess its gonna be hot all year around, so no specific season?

i guess its gonna be hot all year around, so no specific season?
You can't be more wrong. Rajasthan, just like most land locked places, is gonna have very hot summers and very cold winters. You will need warm clothing most definitely. Temperatures are gonna hover in the 15 to 20 degree range, and might go down even further, especially at nights. I'm going to Jaipur this weekend, so maybe I can give you an accurate picture post Monday. :)

Have been to Jaipur and Udaipur in Nov (not this year) and can say that the weather was pleasant. And as logistopath said, taking warm clothes would be good.

As per place, I liked both maybe Udaipur bit more. But none of these are close to sand dunes. If you are looking for historical and colorful places, both are good. I am planning on Jaisalmer next year.

Rajasthan is good post diwali, will mostly be flocked with tourists during this period.
My visit was also during the same time... The weather is good for traveling...
Decide your route to reduce traveling.. Normally it's east Rajasthan, which is the most places to visit. The other side is just Jaipur which is closer to Delhi and can be clubbed like Jaipur, Delhi, Agra.
Mt Abu will be the coldest place in the region during that time.

Have fun & let us know your experience.☺

If heading to jaisalmer, book the desert camp in advance for a bargain. Mika rai is the one I stayed at. It costed me 600/- per person with food and no stay.
It does get quite chilly at nights in december.

Rajasthan is good post diwali, will mostly be flocked with tourists during this period.
My visit was also during the same time... The weather is good for traveling...
Decide your route to reduce traveling.. Normally it's east Rajasthan, which is the most places to visit. The other side is just Jaipur which is closer to Delhi and can be clubbed like Jaipur, Delhi, Agra.
Mt Abu will be the coldest place in the region during that time.

Have fun & let us know your experience.☺

Im just planning to explore udaipur, and some nearby areas in 3 days. no big travel plans, reaching there by flight and leaving by flight!!

When in Udaipur, do visit Sajjangarh palace. The scenery is beautiful in the morning from the hilltop.

Also, if you have time you can also make an excursion to Kumbhalgarh. Its about 60-90 kms from Udaipur. Has only one fort to visit. Another suggestion would be Ranakpur Jain temple. Not been there but have heard that it is very beautiful.

And stay away from any and all jungle "safaris". There are no wild animals. At best you will see deer, nilgai, (alleged) tracks of a leopard, etc and a cave from far off where the jeep riders will say that the Pandavas stayed here!

Back