Home of the Red Rubies

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
The final resting place of my Red Rubies is here. :hap2:

First the Bed... :eek:hyeah:

Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6

Crazy cool back plate was removed in a jiffy as soon as the board came in.

An Injection to cure by Proccy's fever. I will give it to the rubies too if required:p

Arctic MX2

Finally the House... :clap:

Stacker 830 Evo

Will be making the build tomorrow as its already late and also there's a high probability of a power cut. :mad:

Nahice purchase mastah; Finally; :D

Now the Powerhouse remains; :bleh:

Just notied that the Stacker 830 Evo has wheels; hmmm good choice; :)

Jasku said:
wow lord...let me be the first to congratulate on ur top notch purchase!

How much for the Stacker??

Thanks man.. Stacker's for 11.7k + Taxes. Total came to a bit over 12k.

I must say Amarbir has the Stacker's for a pretty cool price. Most others are still selling this for 13.5k. He was actually insisting that I go in for the Stacker nVidia Edition, but I rather preferred the Stacker Evo.

gannu said:
Nahice purchase mastah; Finally; :D

Now the Powerhouse remains; :bleh:

Just notied that the Stacker 830 Evo has wheels; hmmm good choice; :)

Yep, only the PSU remains. Hoping I get it soon. If its going to take too much time, I will get the Thermaltake Toughpower 750W that Amarbir is offering as standby and go crossfire.

About the wheels, its a real boon. When I saw the Stacker box, I was horrified at first thinking its a lot larger than my Jamaica. Once its out of the box, its not so big as I thought it was. Just a bit taller than my Jamaica. The length seems to be the same and in fact on the inside, the Jamaica seemed a lot roomier.

Anyway, it felt way lighter than my Jamaica felt when it was empty. I had a tough time hauling the Jamaica in. Still the first thing I did after getting the Stacker was fix the wheels on the base. :eek:hyeah:

The stacker looks really nice, and I had almost convinced myself to go for the P5Q-E (P45) since its got the new ICH-10 and it also beats the X-48 in most of the games, but after seeing ur DQ6 man I am too confused! Cause I was thinking 4870x2+P45 better than X48+4850 CF?

Is the mx-2 better than the As5, I have seen most people on this forum using Mx2.

Jasku said:
The stacker looks really nice, and I had almost convinced myself to go for the P5Q-E (P45) since its got the new ICH-10 and it also beats the X-48 in most of the games, but after seeing ur DQ6 man I am too confused! Cause I was thinking 4870x2+P45 better than X48+4850 CF?

Is the mx-2 better than the As5, I have seen most people on this forum using Mx2.

Nope it aint; :bleh:

The GBX48DQ6 pwns the rest and even the P45 Asus P5Q-E; :p

MX2 is just a notch better than AS5; yields a delta of 1-2'C max compared to MX2; :p

The Tuniq TX2 is a notch better than MX2; :p

Jasku said:

For a single card setup the P45 would probably be similar or faster here and there. But if you want to go multi-card setup, the X48 has much higher PCI Express bandwidth and completely dominates P45. If you want to settle with a single card, by all means go with the P45 chipset board. I already went through all of this, but struck to x48 because I had planned to go 4-Way (Dual X2) crossfire in future. (If reqd)

About MX2, yeah its slightly better than AS5, but not by a long margin.

Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Paste :: TweakTown

gannu said:
Nope it aint; :bleh:

The GBX48DQ6 pwns the rest and even the P45 Asus P5Q-E; :p

MX2 is just a notch better than AS5; yields a delta of 1-2'C max compared to MX2; :p

The Tuniq TX2 is a notch better than MX2; :p

The P45 with a single card is faster than the X48, pls see this review

Asus P5Q Deluxe Review - Overclockers Club

Where do u buy ur Tuniq TX2 from?

Lord Nemesis said:
For a single card setup the P45 would probably be similar or faster here and there. But if you want to go multi-card setup, the X48 has much higher PCI Express bandwidth and completely dominates P45. If you want to settle with a single card, by all means go with the P45 chipset board. I already went through all of this, but struck to x48 because I had planned to go 4-Way (Dual X2) crossfire in future. (If reqd)

About MX2, yeah its slightly better than AS5, but not by a long margin.

Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Paste :: TweakTown

Hmm yea lord for some reason now i have reconcilled to a single GPU setup, maybe the 4870x2 or the GT280, I guess P45 would be the way to go! and I thought my AS5 was the best..lol ignorance......Lord how to apply the past on ur chip, just a single line across the center, or do you smear it using an old CC or something?

Jasku said:
The P45 with a single card is faster than the X48, pls see this review

Asus P5Q Deluxe Review - Overclockers Club

Where do u buy ur Tuniq TX2 from?

BTW here's the conclusion what they gave:

The performance in the scientific benchmarks showed that the P45 chipset has some room to grow, exceeding the performance of the X48-based board in this comparison in just 13 out of 35 tests.

Got my TX2 from HK; :)

First of all Congrats :)

How much damages for the board?

But if you want to go multi-card setup, the X48 has much higher PCI Express bandwidth.

This is what I want to check big time. I have gt the P5Q-E & dnt think the 8x PCI-E 2.0 wont be any limitation at all till 1920X1200 even at very high quality settings. I hate that tweaktown review....only one review & everyone have their conclusion on CF on P45.

But one thing is sure, the X48 chipset has very tight timings , so if both the boards are compared at stock/same clocks, the X48 will kick the asses out of P45. FSB scaling is a different ball game all together with the P45 already reaching 600FSB on P5Q w/o any set and almost out of the box :)

Supra said:
First of all Congrats :)

How much damages for the board?

This is what I want to check big time. I have gt the P5Q-E & dnt think the 8x PCI-E 2.0 wont be any limitation at all till 1920X1200 even at very high quality settings. I hate that tweaktown review....only one review & everyone have their conclusion on CF on P45.

But one thing is sure, the X48 chipset has very tight timings , so if both the boards are compared at stock/same clocks, the X48 will kick the asses out of P45. FSB scaling is a different ball game all together with the P45 already reaching 600FSB on P5Q w/o any set and almost out of the box :)

Board cost a bit over 17k after taxes. About the CF performance. It may not be that much of an issue for 4850 CF, but for 4-Way crossfire like with dual 4850X2, it would probably hinder the performance. Since this is going to be my last purchase before Nehalam/Lynnfield and I don't have any intension's of jumping to that platform before it becomes affordable, I thought I should get an X48 board so as to allow me to go 4-Way crossfire if reqd.

Otherwise, I could have gone in for the Combo offer on newegg for Asus 4850 and get an Asus P5Q Pro for just 6k.

gannu said:
BTW here's the conclusion what they gave:
Got my TX2 from HK; :)

Dude I went thro the entire review and not just the conclusion, the X48 boards only beat the P45 in the synthetic benchies, in real life stuff like games and all, the P45 beats the x48 in all the games barring 1.

here are the next few lines of the conclusion

In the video testing, the P45-based P5Q Deluxe showed some potential, and either beat the X48-based board or tied its performance in 23 out of 32 tests run. The flip-side to this comparison is that while it was beaten in many of the scientific benchmarks, the differential in the scores would not be "felt" in the real world. How many people will feel differences this small? Not many, if any at all. Since this chipset is new, the initial offerings will need the few odd BIOS updates to get things just right. The early revision of the BIOS that shipped with the P5Q Deluxe was the 0204 release. I had some "no boot" issues when the voltages were set manually with this BIOS. The 0506 BIOS cured this problem enough to enable my trusty Q9450 to reach stability at 474MHz x 8.

Here is the conclusion from the MSI platinum -P45

MSI P45 Platinum Review » Page 21 - Conclusion - Overclockers Club

The performance of the MSI P45 Platinum falls somewhere between the two comparison motherboards. In 47 out of 67 benchmarks, the MSI P45 solution performed equally or better than the P45 comparison board, the Asus P5Q Deluxe. Against the X48-DQ6, the performance was equal to or better than the X48 based board in 40 out of 67 benchmarks. Overall, it outperformed both boards in only 9 out of 67 tests run. While this looks like a really poor performance, you have to look at the number of times the performance was equal to the comparison systems. What this shows is that the performance is very close across the board. The scientific benchmarks were really not the strong suite on the MSI offering when compared to the X48 based board. But the performance is not far off the pace considering closeness of most of the results.
@Supra- that review showed not much of a differnce till 1680x1050, it was resolutions higher than those that lagged by quite a margin.

Congratulations! Your monster rig is all set to come to life now :D , By when will you be getting your HX1000?

The stacker looks brilliant! I never realised that it came with wheels :p

Back