Home of the Red Rubies

fangface said:
Congratulations! Your monster rig is all set to come to life now :D , By when will you be getting your HX1000?

The stacker looks brilliant! I never realised that it came with wheels :p

If everything goes well, I should get the PSU by this weekend.

About the wheels its a change introduced with the Stacker 830 Evolution models. So Stacker 830 nVidia Special Edition and Stacker 830 Evolution Black and white include the wheels.

Congrats games_bond. :)
And obviously you have to install the wheels first. :bleh:
As they say- you gotta get the chassis rolling before you put the engine in. :p
Jasku said:
Is the mx-2 better than the As5, I have seen most people on this forum using Mx2.
gannu said:
MX2 is just a notch better than AS5; yields a delta of 1-2'C max compared to MX2; :p
iirc, MX-2 has no curing time- AS-5 has a curing time of approx 200hrs for optimal performance.
The Tuniq TX2 is a notch better than MX2; :p
The main reason> MX-2 is totally non-conductive and absolutely safe to use, esp on mobo/gfx card.
Improperly applied AS5 can and has been reported to kill stuff, especially gfx cards where it is used more often than on mobos.
And the performance gain, if any, is a bonus. :D

Curing time is approximately 200hrs for AS5. :(
Curing involves several cycles of using PC for some hours and shutting it down.
The entire process of heating up and cooling down causes the TIM to mate to the 2 surfaces properly and thus providing better and optimal thermal conductivity.

AS5 also has a notorious habit of disappearing after 6-9months, requiring reapplication.
Durability
With MX-2 no curing and no bleeding of the compound are possible. In contrast to other products, this compound does not show decreasing performance over time, does not need to be reapplied and has a durability of at least 8 years. <--- :D
Arctic Cooling
Here is a small incident (references to any person living or dead is purely coincidental :p)-
Shopkeeper: Oh ho Gannu ji , aaiye aaiye. leejiye, aap ka sab saaman taiyar. (Has something which is not MX-2)
Gannu (Customer): Nahi Nahi ye nahi woh (pointing at MX-2).
Shopkeeper: Par aap toh hamesha woh... (read AS-5)....(stammering)
Gannu (Customer): Leta tha, par wahi ya behtar performance jab safety ke saath miley, toh koi woh kyun le, yeh (holding on to MX-2) na le ."
Shopkeeper: Maan gaye!!
Gannu (Customer): Kisey?
Shopkeeper: Aapki paarkhi nazar aur AC MX-2, dono ko !!!
:rofl:

BIKeINSTEIN said:
Shopkeeper: Oh ho Gannu ji , aaiye aaiye. leejiye, aap ka sab saaman taiyar. (Has something which is not MX-2)

Gannu (Customer): Nahi Nahi ye nahi woh (pointing at MX-2).

Shopkeeper: Par aap toh hamesha woh... (read AS-5)....(stammering)

Gannu (Customer): Leta tha, par wahi ya behtar performance jab safety ke saath miley, toh koi woh kyun le, yeh (holding on to MX-2) na le ."

Shopkeeper: Maan gaye!!

Gannu (Customer): Kisey?

Shopkeeper: Aapki paarkhi nazar aur AC MX-2, dono ko !!!

haha! good one :p , for a second it almost reminded me of those condom / family planning PSAs on DD :rofl:

BIKeINSTEIN said:
Here is a small incident (references to any person living or dead is purely coincidental :p)-

Damn u bikey; :rofl:

OMG those exact wordings from the ad; IIRC was that from the Nirma Detergent Tikiya?? :p

How much you paid for the DQ6?

I am thinking of selling mine and get myself Blackops :p But this board still has that x factor which is keeping it in my system for now. :p

BIKeINSTEIN said:
Congrats games_bond. :)
And obviously you have to install the wheels first. :bleh:
As they say- you gotta get the chassis rolling before you put the engine in. :p
The main reason> MX-2 is totally non-conductive and absolutely safe to use, esp on mobo/gfx card.
Improperly applied AS5 can and has been reported to kill stuff, especially gfx cards where it is used more often than on mobos.
And the performance gain, if any, is a bonus. :D

:rofl:

LOLZ tussi bade funny ho Bikeyji!:hap5: :hap5:

Yes, for the price it retails for; :)

And CF scales better with it until 1920x1200; and some games yield better results with the P5Q-E in CF; :D

Its a good board; :)

Made a partial build yesterday evening and had it POST, but could not finish installing OS thanks to the poor state of electric supply in summer around here. :mad:

One thing I overestimated is the space inside the Stacker. Seeing from the outside, it looks as if it has a lot of space inside, but I found that my Jamaica has lot more space inside. I was only saved by the fact that is has a removable tray.

Back