Audio Home Theater Help

clown_abhi

Skilled
Hey guys,

I have decided to go for a home theater for my Samsung 32" Series 4 LCD. My budget is 15,000.

I zeroed in on Sony DZ270 but it doesn't sound that great. Rather i found Philips HTS3545 sounding better.

Guys, plz advise me on a good home theater model to go with my LCD.

Thanks...

Bye.:)

increase ur budget by 5k and go for yamaha amp with speakers and woofer ( ul get it for 20k )

if u r in bombay il tell u which shops to buy it from

lavinachtani said:
increase ur budget by 5k and go for yamaha amp with speakers and woofer ( ul get it for 20k )
if u r in bombay il tell u which shops to buy it from

u can also get a onkyo setup withe 5k.so listen and see which sounds better to u.but both are definetly better then the sony.

Guys,

I understand that Yamaha and Onkyo are better sounding but I am taking this Home Theater for my home which is in a small city in Orissa. It would be difficult to get these dere.
Moreover i am on a tight budget.

I saw this Logitech Z5500 Digital. Is it good or rather better than these Sony Home Theater? I think it comes less than 15K. Just that i would have to buy the DVD Player separately.

Which would be good - Sony, Philips or Logitech for Home Theater Setup?

The Z5500 is just a boom-boom setup as some of my friends and AV experts've suggested.

A dedicated Yamaha amp + separate speakers will do a much better job IMO.

But 15k is pretty less for that setup; :(

Get a deshi amp done + some videshi/deshi speakers. :)

iv seen a lot of website selling the onkyo setup for 20k's .. would have 2 spend another 3-4 for the dvd player.. so net budget shoots to 24k.. if alrite wit the budget i think this would be a good option.

Guys, the philips model mentioned in the starting thread sounded better than Sony. It has something called a 3 way Center Speaker and Sony has a 1 way.
Is it why it sounds better?
But how about the life of a Philips home theater? Are they dependable enough?

clown_abhi said:
Guys, the philips model mentioned in the starting thread sounded better than Sony. It has something called a 3 way Center Speaker and Sony has a 1 way.
Is it why it sounds better?
But how about the life of a Philips home theater? Are they dependable enough?

3 way centre speaker means it has three drivers,mostly 2 midrange or fullrange and one tweeter.
sony one way means it just has one driver mostly a full range.

i have heard the philips home theater and its pretty decent for 15k,it includes a dvd+amplifier unit which has usb in,and upscale dvds to1080i,also plays divx,and also the sound is not to bright and does not jar at high volumes

Guys, Z5500 won't act as a good home theater setup, atleast better than the Son't which have just fullrange drivers on satellite and no tweeters et all. Moreover, technically it has a more powerful woofer than Sony's.

Add to it, it's THX certified and i don't see any THX certification on a Sony home Theater. Why is it so?

Guys please advise between Sony DAV DZ-270 and Logitech Z5500 as a home theater for a room. I am like really confused as to buy which one.
Please don't suggest any other ones, just help me decide between these two. Please.

Back