Audio Home theater under 20k - advice needed !

can you tell me what the model no. of philips ?

does onkyo 3105 support rear wireless speakers, I don't think so. BTW, checked out this sony dav570, its just wireless ready and not wireless. you have to buy an IR receiver for the rear speakers to be wireless, which costs about 6K :/

My friend got a DAV-DZ370 'cause DAV-DZ570's output is not as good as DAV-DZ370. Also the sony dvd players can't play movies from usb only music.

Some of the offers in futurebazaar.com sounds to be too good to believe. Any hidden issues in there. Can anyone who picked up a home system via futurebazaar.com comment on the quality of the entire transaction?

@rockfella, i've a p4, 512 MB desktop, which i hardly use these days. why ?

dz370 and dz570, doesn't matter. They both sound sorta good, but not in the A/V receiver class like onkyo. But I don't want to carry around a huge A/V receiver and a dvd player as well.

I did some more research in other shops and looks like there're no HT systems with wireless rear speakers anywhere near 20k (not even under 25k) :(

Also, dropped out philips as it has no optical input, just co-axial :/

BTW, the Sony dav dz370/570 has component / composite video out and analog audio in can i connect my tatasky to it ?

prabs said:
Nope, you can't connect Tata Sky to it.

i dont have tatasky, but why cant one connect the outputs of tatasky to analog in(which r the same in the tv 2.0 channel) ?

i suppose that can be done.

ok, finally zeroed on sony dav dz 777

Given below are the in/outs supported.
Audio Line IN/OUT (Analogue) 2 / –
Audio Line IN/OUT (Optical) 1 / –
Audio Line IN/OUT (Coaxial) 1 / –
Audio Input (Front, mini) 1
Video Signal IN/OUT (Composite) – / 1
Video Signal IN/OUT (Component) – / 1
Video Signal OUT (HDMI) Yes (1080p)

Some clarifications I need, can someone help me with this:

1. I've samsung 26" HDTV ready(1080i/720p). Can I still connect this with my TV using hdmi (1080p) ? Will my TV take care of downscaling ?
2. Can I connect my X360 to this using the optical cable and get 5.1 surround sound with my games ?
3. Since it has two analog audio in, can i connect my tata sky to this ?

Back