HomeBox! Finally found something very useful for assets management

napstersquest

Thread Police
Adept
Most of the things I tried - spreadsheets, Snipe-It, Grocy, etc were missing one feature or another, or had too many not-needed ones.

For people like me who has a lot of networking/PC components stuff at home and constantly upgrading/changing, it becomes very difficult to track what components and assets you have, how much warranty is left on it, keeping invoice copies, where you bought it from, if sold then at what price and to whom.

The HomeBox self-hosted app seems like a no-brainer to me! Easy to use, has clean UI and most features I desired. (Plus TrueCharts has an image, so easy to deploy on TrueNAS Scale).

Sharing for all people who might be looking for something similar!

Last edited:
Since quite some time I was looking for a free yet a very basic inventory tool to manage my diecast inventory but one which have option to store or import product images.
I'm unsure if Homebox does it but if it does then this might be the one I was searching for..

Since quite some time I was looking for a free yet a very basic inventory tool to manage my diecast inventory but one which have option to store or import product images.
I'm unsure if Homebox does it but if it does then this might be the one I was searching for..
Yes. You can add images as file attachments. I am planning to use it for storing photos of items when bought, and for invoices etc. Check the demo here: https://homebox.fly.dev/home

One more thing I found very useful:
You can add an asset's parent item also.
For example, if my 2TB SSD is inside P330 tiny, I can add so.
Opening up page of P330 tiny will show all items inside it.
This is in addition to location (e.g. when P330 tiny moves, I don't have to edit locations of all assets inside it)

Last edited:
Hehe

Homebox.png

There's an option to change that design, check for something minimalist if available.
Where is that option ?
That banner appears to be coded up as a SVG -
You can fork your own and make changes as needed but then its still a WIP -
Its still in Beta so suggestions can be made to add "themes" as a feature for future

Yeah i don't have that much knowledge in Go/Vue which it is built on, I tried deleted the "ViewBox" from the console menu in Edge/Chrome and that deletes the thing but that is not persistent. and the design looks much cleaner when you delete it here is an example.
1704382443151.png

1704382462805.png

Yeah i don't have that much knowledge in Go/Vue which it is built on, I tried deleted the "ViewBox" from the console menu in Edge/Chrome and that deletes the thing but that is not persistent. and the design looks much cleaner when you delete it here is an example.
View attachment 187346

View attachment 187347
I think you should be able to remove it with uBlock as suggested above or use something like this -

Damn, I'm liking what I'm seeing but self-hosting it can be a pain unless it's something you normally do. I was thinking of deploying it for my father but it might be too much of a pain if I'm not around.

Back