hometheater advice

need to pick up a hometheater. budget strictly 45k. not more than that.
need a 5.1 and not 2.1 even though i will be listening to music more than movies but parents insist we need 5.1 so that they can watch movies. the room size is 300 sq. ft. i want good sound clarity and not bass heavy speakers but sufficient bass to fill up the room
i would prefer the front 2 speakers as floorstanding if they are in budget. the only one that i saw in budget was the jamo s406 hcs 5.1 package which is for around 27k . i am thinking to pair it up with a marantz sr 3*** series which i am getting for around 17k.
i found the marantz amp to be a little more musical and has a better tonality than denon so i like that. denon were better for movies. which other amps should i look at.
i also saw polk audio, paradigm, definitive, wharfedale, boston acoustic speakers but these were all sattelite speakers and the sound from the jamo floorstanding beat all of these. i believe floorstandings sound better than sattelites that is why i am more keen on floorstandings. but the only ones i could find in my budget were the jamos.
so can anyone suggets if the package i looked at is good or i should look at other speakers/ amplifiers in my budget.
but budget is STRICTLY 45k and has to be a 5.1

The s406 is not worth it at that price. At the 16K they were being sold for they were fine, but at 27K they're pretty overpriced.

My vote is for the JBL SCS260.5 (25K) and Denon 1508 (20K). The Marantz is also a pretty good receiver, the Denon is a little more laid-back which mates well the slightly forward JBL sound.

i believe floorstandings sound better than sattelites

Your belief is baseless and mostly incorrect, at the same price point a bookshelf will beat out the corresponding floorstander - with some exceptions and caveats, such as bass extension. But usually smaller speakers image better, and avoid the cost of additional woodwork.

However, if you liked the Jamos you should get them. I personally prefer the Wharfedales and the low-end Infinity cubes to the 406. But like I said, it's your call.

Back