Car & Bike Honda City 1.5S MT Damaged by Linkway Honda Service Centre (Update: Car comes back)

Re: Honda City 1.5S MT Damaged by Linkway Honda Service Centre

This weekend i need to go to Hypercity and Linkway Honda Falls in my route. I think i will drop by at their shop and tell them that i know you guys....you are the one that dashed someone's car, right ???? :eek:hyeah:

good work Shripad.....Nice to see that u never budged from your position:)

Hope everything wrks out for u

Have you taken the things on the lawyer level yet.Did you call Honda Siel India Customer care head ?
Please keep us updated.

^^No,

I wont go that far unless they create any more problems. They have agreed to repair it, so let them do their job for now. If I am happy with it, I will leave it at that. If not, then I will escalate it further.

If this is brought to Honda India's notice, Linkway could face a penalty. From what I've heard, the japs take these issues very seriously and Honda and Toyota penalize their dealers for any quality or service deviations.

It is shameful that Linkway Honda make such a suggestion after being responsible for the damage. In fact, they should have voluntarily repaired the damage and provided alternate transport in the interim.

I think it is in their best interest to fire all their service personnel involved in such incidents where they do not follow the speed limits set within the workshop.

BIKeINSTEIN said:
Oh no. is this the Linkway Honda Goregaon/Malad?
I think i have seen some of the guys who are designated drivers for the workshop and trust me i know that they are very irresponsible with customer cars or even anything that is not their property in general.
They drive very rashly while ferrying vehicles from one outlet to another, while going for testdrives pre or post service if owner not present and even inside the workshop where they will try movie-like stunts like fast reverse/parking, etc.
Sometimes they do take the vehicles out for personal errands too i feel. :(

This is the situation with almost all the garages here. The service guys usually take out the bikes and cars to drive around the place at any speed they like and then come up with lame excuses if anything goes wrong.

Hey guys.

Got my car back today.

They have replaced everything on it that was damaged.

Didnt charge me a dime.

Quality of workmanship is top notch. They had kept old parts as well to show me that they really replaced it with new one.

They replaced boot lid, tail lamps (entire unit ), bumper, rubber gasket and repainted entire back. The paintjob is also flawless.

Overall happy with the work.

Now I hope they learn from this and dont put anyone through the ordeal that I went through.

Pics coming up tonight or tomorrow.

Shripad said:
Hey guys.

Got my car back today.

Didnt charge me a dime.

Quality of workmanship is top notch. They had kept old parts as well to show me that they really replaced it with new one.

They replaced boot lid, tail lamps (entire unit ), bumper, rubber gasket and repainted entire back. The paintjob is also flawless.

Now I hope they learn from this and dont put anyone through the ordeal that I went through.

Encouraging stuff Shripad. Good you didn't back down. Congrats on the partly new car!:)

Shripad said:
Hey guys.
Got my car back today.
Didnt charge me a dime.

All Well that ends well.Can you please post few pics of the jobwork done.Especially the rear side. Tell me what do you propose to do wit the old parts.They may just come handy to someone if in good condition. :)

Re: Honda City 1.5S MT Damaged by Linkway Honda Service Centre : EDIT, car comes back

congrats dude... enjoy the car now..

must hav been a long wait and please do post the pics..

Re: Honda City 1.5S MT Damaged by Linkway Honda Service Centre : EDIT, car comes back

Good! Hope they take good care of other people's vehicles atleast now.

Re: Honda City 1.5S MT Damaged by Linkway Honda Service Centre (Update: Car comes bac

Congrats shripad on getting your car back in good shape.

Being a Honda owner myself, have been facing problems with their ASCs for last few years. Hope they improve themselves.

Re: Honda City 1.5S MT Damaged by Linkway Honda Service Centre (Update: Car comes bac

Congrats on getting your car back and good that you didn't budge from your position. Customer service just sucks here, would never see this sort of thing elsewhere. I just wonder whether this is unique to our country or whether its the same in all developing nations.

Mods... how to START new thread for Vehicle (auto, bikes etc...) & make this post sticky, as it may useful for user with any Make/Brand who may face such problems with their vehicles, can fight back for Rights with Right Way... (every time no need to take matter to Police, Lawyer, Court etc....) Shripad & his experience & the way he tackle with Honda Service Center People really set a good example. :)

Register the problem with Honda 121. They can make sure that everything is in order. You should have done that on Day 1. Even though the dealer has agreed to do the job, a formal complaint would mean a good job done.

In Delhi, RING ROAD HONDA service center left the windows of my doors open for a week. That made the seat covers very dirty because of dust generated by the cars being repaired around your car. So ensure that the Repair shop has covered the seat covers etc. and closed the windows.

If you register a complaint with honda 121 the dealer may even please you with a few goodies like "Free cleaning of upholstery".

Back