Horrible Packaging -5800x -Dented Box -PrimeABGB

My friend suggested me to post here and make you folks aware about my shopping experience with primeabgb.

I ordered a 5800x from primeabgb.com on the day of launch and received it today.
This is what I got

20201117_191916.jpg
20201117_191857.jpg
20201117_191755.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2020-11-17 at 19.17.15.jpeg

Their packaging was horrendous, the AMD box was wrapped with a few bubble sheets and that's all. They charged Rs.35 for this packaging and its quality is evident.

I have reached out to primeabgb with images and still waiting for their reply on this matter.
Maybe the processor is damaged, maybe it's not but why couldn't they put it in a cardboard box? I would have paid an extra 100 or even 200, to receive something which costs 40k in a good condition.
I wasn't expecting such bad practice. This was my first purchase from them due to obvious reasons.

Processor doesnt have mechanical parts so i wouldn't worry too much. If it was a hard disk that would have been a different matter.

there is no problem at the processor as it has no harm since it was just box damage which easy crush it as your can record as video call if there is any pin damage bent there..

p.s i did accident drop the 3700x by bike just 30kph due to bumper, but lucky it was working as there is no slight damage on box and processor at all, so only that box got easy crush..

My friend suggested me to post here and make you folks aware about my shopping experience with primeabgb.

I ordered a 5800x from primeabgb.com on the day of launch and received it today.
This is what I got

View attachment 93894View attachment 93895View attachment 93896View attachment 93897

Their packaging was horrendous, the AMD box was wrapped with a few bubble sheets and that's all. They charged Rs.35 for this packaging and its quality is evident.

I have reached out to primeabgb with images and still waiting for their reply on this matter.
Maybe the processor is damaged, maybe it's not but why couldn't they put it in a cardboard box? I would have paid an extra 100 or even 200, to receive something which costs 40k in a good condition.
I wasn't expecting such bad practice. This was my first purchase from them due to obvious reasons.
Had a similar experience with Ryzen 3 3100 that I got last month via amazon. Although the box was comparatively less dented it did manage to bend 2 pins ever so slightly that it would not go into the socket, my Trusty old twezzers came to the rescue and I was able to make it slide into the socket.
Intel cpu on the other hand being LGA type are bullet proof during shipping. No Pins
Retailers shipping AMD CPU should use proper packing materials to avoid such issue.

Processor doesnt have mechanical parts so i wouldn't worry too much. If it was a hard disk that would have been a different matter.
there is no problem at the processor as it has no harm since it was just box damage which easy crush it as your can record as video call if there is any pin damage bent there..

p.s i did accident drop the 3700x by bike just 30kph due to bumper, but lucky it was working as there is no slight damage on box and processor at all, so only that box got easy crush..
That is so not the point.

That is so not the point.
Agreed. The item not being "mechanical" or not having "moving parts" is not the point. Don't try to justify shoddy practices.
This is just terrible packing. There should at least be a small cardboard box covering the CPU box.

Back