Horrible pings and slow resolve speed since noon today...

YoGi-Sama

Skilled
Is anyone else experiencing overall high ping times and slow resolve responses today? :(

I'm getting very high (north of 1000ms) ping times and piss-poor slow DNS resolves since today morning, on all my connections. It has worsened since evening, as in the morning and afternoon ping speeds were somewhere between 400-600. I thought it would be my local cablewalla's problem. But since evening it started going above 1k mark, so I switched to MTNL triband. Same story there too. Even TATA indicom photon is doing the same. :mad:

Now, I've tried everything possible to see if the problem lies somewhere within my setup. I tried restarting my router, resetting my router, wired, wireless. Direct connection to my computer (local cablenet) as well as directly connecting triband router. After the TATA photon test, it's clear that it's not my equipment.

So anyone else is facing similar issues today? In Mumbai specifically, if that matters? :huh:

EDIT: forgot to mention, I tried changing the DNS servers as well... tried everything... Google DNS, OpenDNS, MTNL's own DNS, Local cablewalla's DNS. No change.

Hi,

Greetings from Tata Indicom!

We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We would earnestly request you to give us a chance to rectify our issues and serve you better. To be able to do so, can I request you for a number or an e-mail Id that we can get in touch with you on?

Should you require any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in

Thanking you

Customer Care – Tata Indicom

Back