Host your website on your PC, As easy as ABC...

cancer10

Disciple
CIS WebServer is basically a webserver which makes your PC a virtual web host. It makes available your website on the web from your computer. Which means you can host your website on your PC rather than looking for those free host or paying your web hosting company.

Screenshot:

1.jpg

Download CIS Webserver from http://webserver.cisindia.net

something fishy here! everytime i click on the link a randomly generated page with general links shows up. seems like the site is down or domain has expired.

^^ of course...

But that ain't a problem, the problem with hosting a website @ home is the fact that for most of us, our ISP allocates a dynamic IP, and not a static IP...so without a static IP, neither can you register your website on DNS servers, nor can you pass on the IP you have say today to your friends, as your system's IP tomorrow could be a different one!

Additionally, even if you wanted to try out webhosting just for the heck of it, that too may not be possible, as most ISPs will also not let you port forward a HTTP port (80/8080) from your LAN to the WAN....

^^ czar is right. WWW.YOURNAME.CO.NR is a service which allows you to host a site with dynamic IP, you just have to open a page when you boot your box and all requests are directed to you pc. And it works with any webserver like IIS/Apache. It will be better to use some reliable server. Who knows what people may gain entry with exploits with this server.

EDIT : Found something in its older versions like 3.5.15/13. Current build is 3.5.16

I'll download and do a test tonight. feels good to see an Indian Product :D

anyway...for who want a website desperately, I'll give linux webspace free.

50 MB should be enough. but upgrade to 100/200 MB depending if you really use your site.

few conditions though

-Not for file/image hosting

-upgrade only if the site is active.

pm me if you want one!

Back