hotel management

Hi Nilesh. The first question is always tricky, be it any field or domain we talk about. It really depends on how you perform in that very domain. Again hotel industry is a growing industry, with more flights increasing day by day and more people traveling every day. My brother completed his Hotel Management and did a post graduation later in the UK and he is now working in Dubai. I can say he is doing well. You can earn really well on cruise ships than on any hotel on land. Again, your communication skills matters a lot here. Knowing different languages is always a plus point. All the best.

See, frankly telling, today no job guarantees you any fixed working hours except a government job. My brother too did hotel management and did his intern for 6 months in a 5star hotel and he used to work for 12 long hrs. Glad he left it finally!! It depends how much passionate you are about a certain field and the zeal inside you to strive for. Then it doesnt matter you work for 8*7 or 24*7 as long as you are loving your job ;)

Me as an IT professional wouldnt mind working for long hours and in fact I have worked straight for 40 hours in a stretch couple of times and I say I liked it coz I like my field and my job.....see its ma passion....:)

Hey, my friend don’t get so much confused about the course and career. One of my friend is doing the same course from Indraprastha University. He is really doing well in his acadamic and there is no doubt that Hotel Management has always been one of the hot favorites among the young students. For the entrance purpose you just need to complete your class 12th and clear the written exam which is held for the admission purpose. My frnd got the 23 rd rank in written :) . But remember some universities also prefer your communication skills and aptitude also for the working in hotel industry. You can choose your specialization in front office & Tourism management, Dietetics & Nutrition, Housekeeping, Travel & Tourism etc. As far as the scope concerns then one thing is clear that knowledge is never waste. You can do jobs in many indian big hotels like Five star , Taj, welcome group etc in the different -2 departments jobs(salary: 10 to 15k), Airline jobs :In the airline industry in which you can join as a Airhostes or Flight stewards (salary offered: 25k),Retails sector jobs:in which you can job in PVR, Malls , back officer , hospitals, BPO industries(salary: 15-20k), Teaching: you ca join the hotel management private collages for teaching job post, Entrepreneur: opening the own restaurants, so you can apply for the job in these industries in which you have interest..After enough experience you can also get a chance to go abroad..its all depend upon your capability.

best of luck !

Back