PC Peripherals how 2 clean my CPU fan

anupkumarroy

Disciple
hi guys i hv a artic freezer pro 7 ... n dust hv deposited on it .. how do i clean it ... i used compressed air ( normal fooo from my mouth :p ) to clean it .. but still m not satisfied .. m not able to reach deep inside the fins ....
also can i get mounting screws for it .. as i dont like the push in buttons .. i hv LGA 775

anupkumarroy said:
hi guys i hv a artic freezer pro 7 ... n dust hv deposited on it .. how do i clean it ... i used compressed air ( normal fooo from my mouth :p ) to clean it .. but still m not satisfied .. m not able to reach deep inside the fins ....
also can i get mounting screws for it .. as i dont like the push in buttons .. i hv LGA 775

you can use your old shaving brush if u feel there is dirt...you can buy thermalright bolt throught kit if u hv broken the push pins...

the brush doesnt reach inside properly .. i was thinking of washing it ..n then drying ofcourse ... ... n how can i forget to put thermal paste :D .....

abt the thermalright bolt ..can i buy it separately ??

anupkumarroy said:
the brush doesnt reach inside properly .. i was thinking of washing it ..n then drying ofcourse ... ... n how can i forget to put thermal paste :D .....

abt the thermalright bolt ..can i buy it separately ??

don't wash the fan..you will damge its electric motor...you can buy bolt throught kit frm lammy or put a request in market section...:)

You can wash your heatsink...

the fins are of aluminium ..hence i thik the Al203 funda should work on it ... n it shouldnt rust ... morver it will get dried up in only 30 mins ....

I use the blower end of my Eureka Forbes Vaccum cleaner to clean everything inside my PC & even the Graphics card & the PSU fans for the last 2-3 yrs.Might be risky,but have NOT faced any issue as such,but it REALLY does clean(brings out lots & lots of dust out from the case.)

Techie#1 said:
I use the blower end of my Eureka Forbes Vaccum cleaner to clean everything inside my PC & even the Graphics card & the PSU fans for the last 2-3 yrs.Might be risky,but have NOT faced any issue as such,but it REALLY does clean(brings out lots & lots of dust out from the case.)

That's the right way to do it :hap2:

I too use vacuum cleaner on the blower side to blow off the dust on CPU fan and PSU on weekly basis, lots of dust come out and everything looks clean.

Wash the Heatsink. But let it dry properly. In most cases I wash my fans, coz I like seeing them black n shiny. Never had one get damaged by washing.

anupkumarroy said:

I am using my stock heatsink and have no love for it. :p

I wash it under running tap water every couple of months. Cleans it spick and span. The scorching summer dries it up in 5 minutes.

And yes, you'll need to reapply the thermal paste.

I am against water on anything related to my rig. I use compressed air from the vacuum blower, and have a small balloon type thingy with a jet nozzle that can be used for compressed air to clean heatsinks etc. works just fine. and a soft camel hair brush to do the final cleanups always.

Back