CPU/Mobo How abt this config..?

Shark

Disciple
We're looking to buy 4 PCs for our office. The budget was Rs.15k, but the following went to 18k.

Any scope for improvement on Price or Choice of hardware?

AMD X2 4000+ Rs.2700
Asus M2N-MX MB Rs.2500
Acer 15" LCD Rs.6700
Zebronics Bijli Rs.1000
Zebronics 400 W SMPS Rs.500
Samsung KB+Mouse Rs.700
Seagate 160 GB HDD Rs.2100
Transcend RAM DDR2 800 MHz1 GB Rs.1000
Samsung CD-R Rs.500
Netgear WLAN Card Rs.500

Total - Rs. 18,200

Great configs for office PCs..will be able to run most office applications...

could go for 2140 C2D from intel with 945 mobos also...

Your mobo + proccy cost 5200

If you buy Intel E2140 + Asus P5S - MX SE you can get em for 4700

and as for the LCD , i read somewhere on the forum that AOC 17" LCD's are available for 7k so you acn add 300 and go for them

Hi, thanks for the replies.

Is it possible to save money of Cabinet & SMPS? Am I going for the right cabinet & SMPS or is there a better option?

Which is better? Intel Dual core or AMD dual core? In terms of performance for money?

Thanks for info abt the 19" LCDs, but I'm not sure how reliable the person is & whether the goods would be delivered without damage.

@greenhorn: Yeap you're right. WLAN card costs Rs.1300.

Hi

I have been using Netgear WPN311 and to be honest it sucks. Possibly for following:

1. PCI Card's antenna would be at back, that means near wall, means less signal.
  2. Netgear should have though about that and did something about that. But nothing about same.:mad:
  3. Instead go for USB Wifi adapters. They would stick in front and hence have better range.

~LT

greenhorn said:
AMD in terms of VFM any day, and the m2n MX should be able to run vista's aero comfortably should the need arise :)

Thanks dude.

I've bargained this config for Rs.16,500 at a shop in Richie st (Chennai). And shd get 4 of these soon. Thanks for all your inputs.

Back