Monitors How are AOC monitors compared to Dell ?

Last time I had seen an AOL monitor in 2010 in a computer shop at Pune. And I did not like its picture quality as the images were grainy. Same was with BenQ, ViewSonic etc. But that time also Dell/Philips monitors were king.

And in these couple of years technology has changed the paradigm. Though I'll try to see the monitor in action before buying now, I still afraid of it as the bad impression embedded into my brain.

@ivhere BTW, AOC D2367ph is NOT an AH-IPS panel but AOC i2367fh is. So why did you go with D2367ph ? Only for 3D ?
What about ASUS AH-IPS panel monitors ? Are they really good and available in India ?

@ivhere Do not take it that way bro, I want to confirm it what you are saying as I could NOT find it ANY review or in AOL specification.
What I'll get my making you wrong ???

Asus, defines in their product which has AH-IPS panel, but I could not find it in AOC or even on LG monitors.

I was just Joking Buddy, Don't take it seriously.[DOUBLEPOST=1380540392][/DOUBLEPOST]The main problem in purchasing AOC IPS is; There are not many reviews available online in English language. Most of the available reviews are in Chinese and Russian language, and it was very difficult for me too decide to buy an AOC monitor. I was made some research online based on some foreign language forums and it was very difficult to understand the things because even Google translate was not providing proper translation.

Last edited:
So both AOC d2367ph and AOC i2367fh are EXACTLY same panel, design, specification, hardware EXCEPT the former has an extra button to convert the 2D images to 3D via inbuilt software and for 3D no extra hardware is present. Am I right ?

I was looking at Asus mx239h AH-IPS panel monitor, but seems its not available in India and will also make bigger hole in pocket than AOC.

No buddy you can't get 3D Effect just using some software if your screen is not 3D capable. AOC uses passive 3D technology in which The Screen has a special filter that polarizes each line of pixels. This filter (a Film Patterned Retarder is one type) makes the odd lines on the screen only visible to the left eye, and the even lines only visible to the right eye with the help of polarized 3D eye Glasses.

2D to 3D conversion button is just one of it's 3D feature. There are some more options for native 3D Source and monitor is capable of running a native 3D video(Top-Bottom 3D or Side-by-Side) properly without using any extra software.

What is wrong if you are getting an extra 3D feature in just thousand extra bucks.

Last edited:
I used to watch 2d movies in 3d using "movavi" software in my normal CRT monitor using a 3d anaglyph glass.
Yes, as you said the monitor has some hardware to render 3D and can play SBS 3D movies then its good vfm for th extra 1k.
Thank you.

Back