How are Philips phones?

zhopudey

Skilled
My N3310's days are numbered, so I need a new phone. Budget is under 5K. :ashamed:

Nothing in nokia caught my eye (except for the 6030). Then I saw the philips 636. Looks very nice. Anyone has used philips phones? How are they?

philips phone are ok...nthing great....the UI is a bit complicated ive heard and ofcourse you always have the battery problem...

the display is preety good though i heard..

zhopudey said:
My N3310's days are numbered, so I need a new phone. Budget is under 5K. :ashamed:

Nothing in nokia caught my eye (except for the 6030). Then I saw the philips 636. Looks very nice. Anyone has used philips phones? How are they?
I'd suggest against 1 unless u intend using it for a shorter period of time. Their displays r generally good, but the build qual kinda suckz from the one model I've used (wasn't mine). Also philips doesn't have the usual symbian type UI...not even like SE...
Why not go for a cheap nokia till u have extra cash for a flashier cell...

My friend had one the sound and display was good but the UI sucks ( maybe i am use to nokia style menu) The phone was also damn slow.

I like 6030 except for the joystick like keypad. I find it quite irritating to access the menu with the cheap joystick style menu access system.

Philips phones have qa issues....So you might end up with a lemon...+ the Ui isn't exactly great...Get a symbian phone, you won't regret it....

superczar said:
Philips phones have qa issues....So you might end up with a lemon...+ the Ui isn't exactly great...Get a symbian phone, you won't regret it....

What is Symbian Phone and it's advantages please?:huh:

symbian phones are nokia phones which use the symbian OS...such as Ngage, 6600,3230 etc,,

Advantages is mainly that u can install various types of softwares and themes on the phone....:)

symbian phones are nokia phones which use the symbian OS...such as Ngage, 6600,3230 etc,,

Also, some SE phones use Symbian, or a slightly different flavor of it...the P series, e.g. P910 are all symbian

any idea how many messages and contacts that can be stored on the phone?

zhopudey if you have time please post a review or some +ve and -ve features of the phone. :)

My frnd got a philips fone..

the PCB went off all of a sudden and he now is a not so proud owner of a makeshift phone, provided by the philips guys as they say that the repair wil take some time ..

its been 2.5 months now... so .. DONT GO FOR IT ...

Back