Car & Bike How are the Bridgestone turanza AR10?

m0h1t

drinks like a fish
Patron
How are the Bridgestone turanza AR10?

I just bought 2 (175/70-R13) for Rs.2200 each for my Esteem vxi.

How do these compare to the Potenza G3 or the Turanza ER30?

Re: team-bhp account activation

m0h1t said:

Nikhil?

..10c

m0h1t said:

Grey market.... I have no clue about these tyres.

Next time, please stay away from grey market stuff....

However, I would think it's better than the ER30. GIII is a different tyre. GIII is a sporty tyre. Dont compare the two.

And you bought these for 2200? It's a shockingly low price. All the more reason for me to suspect something is fishy! :p

Edit: The tyres seem to be good. Much better than the ER60.

However, the ER60 costs ab out 3.2k per tyre in India. You got a BETTER tyre for 1000/- cheaper? Seriously man, something is wrong somewhere.

Autoworld Blog Blog Archive Bridgestone Turanza AR10 test

I confirmed from 2-3 more shops across delhi before buying, the maximum price quoted for the AR10 was 2350.

Also my entire family buy's from this guy, he wouldn't dare sell fakes to me.

Nonetheless there must be something based on which one could say that these are fakes or not, like a serial no. etc?

m0h1t said:
I confirmed from 2-3 more shops across delhi before buying, the maximum price quoted for the AR10 was 2350.

Also my entire family buy's from this guy, he wouldn't dare sell fakes to me.

Nonetheless there must be something based on which one could say that these are fakes or not, like a serial no. etc?

Well, maybe some sort of seconds tyres? One thing is that these are grey market for sure. 100%. That itself is a cause for worry.

Why he is selling so cheap, I dont know.

I will still not rule out fakes.

Delhi is famous for fakes, Chinese and ridiculous shit.

Nikhil said:
Well, maybe some sort of seconds tyres? One thing is that these are grey market for sure. 100%. That itself is a cause for worry.

Why he is selling so cheap, I dont know.

I will still not rule out fakes.
Delhi is famous for fakes, Chinese and ridiculous shit.

I did some research.

The E-mark. All tyres sold in Europe after July 1997 must carry an E-mark. The mark itself is either an upper or lower case "E" followed by a number in a circle or rectangle, followed by a further number.
An "E" (upper case) indicates that the tyre is certified to comply with the dimensional, performance and marking requirements of ECE regulation 30.
An "e" (lower case) indicates that the tyre is certified to comply with the dimensional, performance and marking requirements of Directive 92/33/EEC.
The number in the circle or rectangle denotes the country code of the government that granted the type approval. 11 is the UK. The last number outside the circle or rectangle is the number of the type approval certificate issued for that particular tyre size and type.
Source: Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible Page 1 of 4

All tyres must carry an E marking, followed by a certificate number several digits long. If your tyre has no certificate number, it is illegal and the tyre dealer should change it for you immediately. A pic of an E marking with certificate number is posted below.
Source: Tyre Choice Warning! "Fake" tyres being sold (including Goodyear F1) - Civinfo

Info on Red and yellow dots - Bridgestone Commercial Truck Tires

Both my tires have these E codes along with yellow and red dots for balancing.
I guess these are authentic.

Nikhil said:
Well, all that is ok.

I would still be wary of someone selling me tyres so cheap.

Called up a few more tyre shops today, and all of them seem to be selling them in the price bracket of Rs.2300-2650 per tyre.

I dont think I bought them extraordinarily cheap

Thanks nikhil you have been of great help :)

and the mod(s) for segregating this from the TeamBHP thread

Bought some more tires today.

Accord (205/65-R15)

Turanza AR10 ~Rs.4200

Turanza ER30/ER60 ~Rs.4700

ER60 is more expensive? Baaah... either I'm out of the loop with BS or something's wrong.

I have a feeling it's the former. Time for me to get back to work properly! :p

bottle said:
Why 2 different patterns ?
Did'nt buy both, that would be stupid :p
Just sharing the quotes.
Nikhil said:
ER60 is more expensive? Baaah... either I'm out of the loop with BS or something's wrong.

I have a feeling it's the former. Time for me to get back to work properly! :p

ER60 is more expensive than AR10 probably because the former is being sold via proper channels.
Also I got these quotes over the phone, One could probably get them Rs100-200 cheaper after bargaining.

I was looking up in few shops for my car as well, and the feedback that i got that Apollo tyres are a notch up when compared to Goodyear.

General opinion was that Apollo lasts longer and is less prone to wear and tear.

How true is that..?

@mohit... can you please PM me the name and address of the shop you got your tyres from. I am looking to replace tyres on my Palio 1.2 and looking at Turanza's only. I am in delhi only. Thanks!

Sandy said:
Hey,

http://www.techenclave.com/auto-zone/how-are-the-bridgestone-turanza-ar10-159744.html

saw that you got these for your esteem. Me also using esteem,
How good are these?
In Bangalore its about 3k each!

thanks

I'm no tyre expert but I feel they're good enough.
I don't swirl around much but I do tend to take turns at relatively higher speeds than most people and the car seems to have a good grip on the road.

I've been using the AR10 on the front for about 2 month now..
Recently one of my rear tyres developed a bulge, so I decided to get em changed before it popped.

Replaced both the stock, almost bald rear tyres with AR10's a couple of days back.
Bought for the same price as before, Rs.2300.

torque said:
@mohit... can you please PM me the name and address of the shop you got your tyres from. I am looking to replace tyres on my Palio 1.2 and looking at Turanza's only. I am in delhi only. Thanks!

Sorry for the delayed response.
I got em from Mahavir, Palika Bhawan, R.K.Puram, Sec-13
It's opp. Bikaji Cama Place

In my personal experience by and large Bridgestone tyres are the best. I have alternated between bridgestone, michellin, jk and apollo and found that bridgestone lasted the most with very less tyre noise and good handling. Turanza is a good bet.

Back