Audio How are the Galaxy Buds 2 / 2 Pro ?

Sony LinkBuds S WF-LS900N Truly Wireless Noise Cancellation Earbuds Hi-Res Audio and 360 Reality Audio with Multipoint, Spotify Tap & Crystal Clear Calling Ultralight Weight Battery 20Hrs IPX4-Black https://amzn.eu/d/aGzJko3

Just bought this . 7.7k
They are a lesser version of the XM4 though. I think the XM4 was available for less than 8.5k during the sale, so would have been a better option. This one though is smaller, more comfortable at the expense of slightly worse ANC, battery life and frequency response.

Someone on another forum having used many expensive earbuds said that galaxy buds 2 pro are the best.
I have the buds 2. Worth the upgrade? Purchased them for 5300 5months ago, now getting 3500 for them on cashify. These are around 6500 so will cost 3000 for the upgrade + full warranty.

I have the buds 2. Worth the upgrade? Purchased them for 5300 5months ago, now getting 3500 for them on cashify. These are around 6500 so will cost 3000 for the upgrade + full warranty.
You maybe ok with buds2 , I also upgraded from buds2 to buds 2 pro, the music quality is better, havent used it much to notice other differences.

Most critics review the Sony and Bose flagship ones as being quite better, but if you are in the Samsung ecosystem then it is worth it, especially if non-Samsung options are more expensive.

Most critics review the Sony and Bose flagship ones as being quite better, but if you are in the Samsung ecosystem then it is worth it, especially if non-Samsung options are more expensive.
air pod pro gen 2, bud2 or sony xm5?

Think this might help in some way-
Buds2 pro vs Apple airpods pro
Buds2 pro vs Sony WF XM5
Some sections to lookout for are-
Build quality and in ear fit
Frequency response for general idea of sound
Battery Life
Noise isolation
Mic quality
Rtings is actually not good for understanding the audio experience. They go by purely technical parameters and not real-life use. Might work for indoor devices like TV but not so much for buds being used on the move.

Subjective reviews from number of sources is still the best way to find what's good or not about a particular set.

Rtings is actually not good for understanding the audio experience. They go by purely technical parameters and not real-life use. Might work for indoor devices like TV but not so much for buds being used on the move.

Subjective reviews from number of sources is still the best way to find what's good or not about a particular set.
As per rtings, galaxy buds+ is still better than buds 2 pro.

I think some subjective experience is always required to fully understand the info on rtings, especially for audio. If the reviewer also shares the preferences, biases & usage (like genre of songs) with me, I'd read/watch for a second look. If not, I'd try to compare the info on rtings with a product I'm familiar with (own/owned) for context.

I think some subjective experience is always required to fully understand the info on rtings, especially for audio. If the reviewer also shares the preferences, biases & usage (like genre of songs) with me, I'd read/watch for a second look. If not, I'd try to compare the info on rtings with a product I'm familiar with (own/owned) for context.
This is how youtubers are reviewing all the products and say things like, isme boom boom wala bass hai, dhamakedhaar hai, pataakha hai...Thanks to them for being honest, i will no longer look for (most) indian youtuber reviews.

I do agree regarding rtings not being good for judging audio devices. Their metrics have been broken for a long time. But what they provide is data. Their target frequency curve is not even neutral or generally accepted response and they measure against same curve for every audio device be it iem or headphone.
That's why I pointed out certain categories which can help in making a decision.
Subjective reviews give a better idea but most if not all have bias that is either blatantly visible or they just hide it by using jargons which have no means of verifying.

This is how youtubers are reviewing all the products and say things like, isme boom boom wala bass hai, dhamakedhaar hai, pataakha hai...Thanks to them for being honest, i will no longer look for (most) indian youtuber reviews.
I've never watched an Indian YouTube review that is not a glorified unboxing. They're not only not right about products, they're not even wrong; and I don't think they'd even realise how much of an insult this is.

So sony mx5 is better in real term ?
You mean WH-1000XM5 headphones? My cousin bought it, nice but absolutely doesn't work with MS teams, which was his main use case. Customer support flatly refused to entertain any complaint about teams, saying it obviously is not supported, no plans to support it . Google meet works fine. 50 rs earphone works with MS teams but this 25k headphones doesn't work, shameful.

You mean WH-1000XM5 headphones? My cousin bought it, nice but absolutely doesn't work with MS teams, which was his main use case. Customer support flatly refused to entertain any complaint about teams, saying it obviously is not supported, no plans to support it . Google meet works fine. 50 rs earphone works with MS teams but this 25k headphones doesn't work, shameful.
It doesn’t work for teams? It doesn’t show up in microphone devices or u meant noise cancellation?

Last edited:
Back