Graphic Cards How can I further overclock my HD 5850?

Re: How Can i overclock further MY hd 5850?

1. Download MSI AfterBurner 2.0.0

2. Navigate to installation folder.

3. Open config.cfg

4. Search for "EnableUnofficialOverclocking"

5. Set to TRUE

Now start MSI AfterBurner. Happy and safe Overclocking

And remember, for reference:

900Mhz is attainable at around 1.175v

For 960Mhz, try 1.2v

For 1GHz, dont exceed 1.25v for safety.

Mine model hit 1GHz on 1st try, I mean just popped memory to 5000Mhz and Core to 1GHz, vCore 1.25v, and boom HUGE increase in frame rate man. And temps go about 10C more at same fan, which is acceptable.

thanx buddy for detaile reply..and i aslo want to buy a decent gaming mobo from asus or msi

i just stuck between Asus M4A89td evo + IV formulla + msi 870a fusion power edition... or should i wait for upcoming chipsets from AMD...

Good work. Run CRYSIS benchmark 3 times LOOP all maxed out and set Fan Speed to 50-60% (no point going any higher, not much reduction in temps) and check for stability and temperature max.

jaydipmori said:
i have done with ur trick & i find this does it ok .. check my gpu-z screen
Looks like you just oc'ed the gpu but didn't check its stability, 1Ghz and 1.25Ghz on Ram is a bit hard to attain, specially during the summer it'll give you troubles(I'll suggest disabling your oc during the summer), anyway try to check stability with crysis/metro 2033 benchmark, also try 3d mark to make sure its a stable oc.

jaydipmori said:
and i aslo want to buy a decent gaming mobo from asus or msi

i just stuck between Asus M4A89td evo + IV formulla + msi 870a fusion power edition... or should i wait for upcoming chipsets from AMD...

late post but a "gaming" mobo will not give you any boost in games. Unless you want a CF setup (your your CPU will bottleneck it anyways), there is no point in getting a new mobo.

risky process.... may brick your card.... and if ur card refuses to boot one fine day, you cant send it for RMA as they will say you've changed the BIOS and hence u will become the biggest loser.

but hey you always have the stock bios too. anyhoo thats what professional overclockers are known to do to overclock their stuff.
EVEN OVERCLOCKING IS A RISKY VENTURE OKAY?? that dont stop you does it? overclocking damage does leave traces.

low 80c are pretty good. although no point doing so much torture to the card in case something goes wrong. steer clear of high vcore clocks. Something around 900Mhz with lower vcore should satisfy

^^dont invest in a gpu cooler....its not worth right now for the extra clocks. Reduce the clocks and volts to a decent level.

Back