How can I make undeletable folders on WinXP?

Pichingo

Disciple
I have this very nice mp3 collection, a couple of times I've found that a folder or song have been deleted (maybe while I was drunk, but I don't think so :D) and appeared in the recicle bin. Is there any way to make an undeletable folder in winXP, or something that can only be deleted with a password without having to encrypt files and folders?

hmm u can do one thing..

after creating ur folder u can set security rights to it..

if u go to advacne security rights.. den u can deny the delete permission to others....

as in other users..[other dan ur own id]

but as u mentioned dat u urself deleted it.. [:p] den there mus b sum folder protecting softwares... i dont know such though..

Ah...

thatz too simple..

apply the read only attributes to the folder...

Right click>properties> tick the read only option and make sure that u have put a TICK on it nothing else... I recommend u to do it while u r not drunk :p

Arihant.exe said:
Ah...
thatz too simple..
Right click>properties> tick the read only option and make sure that u have put a TICK on it nothing else... I recommend u to do it while u r not drunk :p

:rofl: this has to be joke of the year :hap2:

Setting a "read only" attribute to the folder doesnt not give it any kind of protection the folder will still be deleted if u delete it..

just a peice of advice dont listen to songs while drunk:tongue: :eek:hyeah:

Well, I guess I'll have to modify my account type, find some software or as a last resort... stop drinking :hap5: . Anybody knows a software to protect files from being deleted, ANYBODY...

Or I may also make a backup copy, but the thing is I do not want to spend too much time making backups and checking for both of them to be the same :S

ya right click on it and use the security setting giving permissions to the default Admninistrator a/c of XP. then when u log on with your user name it wont get deleted

Arihant.exe said:
Ah...
thatz too simple..
well wot to say.....some misunderstanding....WOAH!!!!

I guess its the easiest way, just log on without privileges.

If anybody knows about a program that enables you to access files without permission to modify them please tell me, I'll be very thankfull.

Back