How do I find out the maximum speed supported by my modem?

So, the main exchange is in a bigger town which is 15 kms away. The local exchange is 2.5kms away.
The connection has been activated today and I am getting 3.5-4Mbps as download speed instead of the 8 Mbps. I don't have a problem with that because even at these speeds I will cross the 175GB FUP in 15-20 days easily.
The main issue is of frequent disconnection, as already documented by you guys. I am yet to get a stable connection for more than 30 mins. This instability is riling me up inside. I am using the Wireless Broadband Modem sold by BSNL.
So is there anything I can do to rectify this issue and how much will it cost me if I try to do it myself.

In settings, change modulation to g.lite, it will provide stable conn

Didn't work. The link never got stable even once.

This is the default setting -
T7rIJ3R.png

These are the options available -

z3J2qss.png

Auto Sync-Up is selected by default.

yes, but the modem has got no specs available online or offline manual.
from the images posted above it seems it supports adsl 2+ which means
The standard has a maximum theoretical download speed of 24 Mbit/s. Utilizing G.992.5 Annex M upload speeds of 3.3 Mbit/s can be achieved.
ADSL2+ extends the capability of basic ADSL by doubling the number of downstream channels. The data rates can be as high as 24 Mbit/s downstream and up to 1.4 Mbit/s upstream depending on the distance from the DSLAM to the customer's premises.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.992.5

from the images posted above it seems it supports adsl 2+ which means
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.992.5

Sorry for hijacking this thread. My query and avi's are different. His was already answered so I thought it was alright to ask mine in the same thread as it was somewhat related to the things that were said in the earlier posts. My modem supports ADSL 2+ and it is written on it's box that it supports speeds upto 24Mbps.

Snr margin is quite low. Anything below 10 is unacceptable for stable connectivity.
I would say if u can change the cable from dp to your home then do it. Use utp cable as suggested by maxdemon. It will do wonder. Speaking from my personal experience .
Back in 2005 when BSNL launched bb. My exchange was around 6.5 kms away from my home. After installation. My line attenuation was 54 and snr margin was 5-6 db. I had constant disconnection. I changed the cable to cat 5 from my junction box to home and attenuation and snr came to 47 and 13 respectively. Result no line drops.
Junction box was nearby around 60 mtrs and I bought 65 mtrs cat 5 cable iirc. Same cat 5 cable is still working fine after 10 years.
Give it a shot. Cable is expensive but worth and peace of mind.

Snr margin is quite low. Anything below 10 is unacceptable for stable connectivity.
I would say if u can change the cable from dp to your home then do it. Use utp cable as suggested by maxdemon. It will do wonder. Speaking from my personal experience .
Back in 2005 when BSNL launched bb. My exchange was around 6.5 kms away from my home. After installation. My line attenuation was 54 and snr margin was 5-6 db. I had constant disconnection. I changed the cable to cat 5 from my junction box to home and attenuation and snr came to 47 and 13 respectively. Result no line drops.
Junction box was nearby around 60 mtrs and I bought 65 mtrs cat 5 cable iirc. Same cat 5 cable is still working fine after 10 years.
Give it a shot. Cable is expensive but worth and peace of mind.
Ok. Let's see if this is feasible. I think the junction box is 3kms away (if that's possible) from my previous conversation with the local guys.

Back