Storage Solutions How do they print image on cd/dvd

p_sam21 said:
i am talking about images that are put on movie dvds itself, not about paper covers... possible?

Thats done at bulk at the factory when the dvds are manufactured, not sure if it can de done at home.

p_sam21 said:
i am talking about images that are put on movie dvds itself, not about paper covers... possible?

It's possible.

There are two ways.

One is the LightScribe method where the CD drive uses a laser to print images directly onto the CD surface.

The other is using software to print CD covers that you can apply to the top of the CD.

Im against the use of sticking stuff to the discs. They are not perfectly placed which causes serious imbalancement at high speed.

then guess Lightscribe is the technology for you!!!but u could also check out a CD/DVD printer available from techcom
here is the url-http://www.techcomindia.com/home.php?vaction=showprodd&cat=&catt=&subcat=&subcatt=&prodid=622
here is the techtree review of the same-
Techtree.com India > Reviews > Basics > Specials > e.Print CD/DVD Printer
and guess its availabe on indiatimes shopping
hope it was of help-cheers mate!!!!:hap2:

U can use Labelflash and Lightscribe.Good,but always no color.A bit expensive and takes a while.Light scribe and 30mins and Labelflash abt 10mins.

Or there are DVD's that can be put to printer and directly printed upon.Good colors.

litescribe is da tech ...and those drives come cheap these days...the real problem will be availability of ls media.....
using the same laser that burns data, u simply flip da disc over, re insert it and burn a laser etched label/image

for litescribe media go check

Welcome to Verbatim

i once had a pack of printible Verbatm DVD+Rs and in the box it said ink jet recommended for surface printing meaning that u can print it directly onto the DVD (Those white ones)

Kumar said:
Im against the use of sticking stuff to the discs. They are not perfectly placed which causes serious imbalancement at high speed.

Then how do you identify the cds that you write unless ofcourse you are so organised to keep them in cd case with utmost sincerity.

What I do is get paper CD covers and write on them.Its cheap and help to protect the DVD's

p_sam21 said:
Then how do you identify the cds that you write unless ofcourse you are so organised to keep them in cd case with utmost sincerity.

Back