How do you all pay your basic Utility bills

I am from Mumbai and wanna know which app/site provides a very good discount on your basic utility bills like phone, electricity and water and all. I have been using google pay since a very very long time but its of no use at all. So I want something good which can offer cashback in return. I always make online payment via UPI.

I am from Mumbai and wanna know which app/site provides a very good discount on your basic utility bills like phone, electricity and water and all. I have been using google pay since a very very long time but its of no use at all. So I want something good which can offer cashback in return. I always make online payment via UPI.
best option is to get Amazon Pay ICICI card or Zomato RBL card. They give good cashbacks. Zomato RBL card gives it as zomato credits

People need to start valuing the convenience of making payments in 1 minute from their sofa. When I was a kid, my dad used to queue up at the electric office every month and telephone office every other month to pay the bills. And he had to keep the physical bill which came in post and remember the due dates.

These days Gpay keeps reminding of pending bills apart from multiple SMSs from the billers themselves. And when it's finally time to pay, you can just tap a few spots on your phone screen and the payment is done.

Why do people need discounts on everything?

I agree with the sentiment but that's how these payment services run. If they don't provide anything "extra" people look for other alternatives which do. There's a a lot of competition in this sector, a lot of choices. Whoever provides extra incentives to users get the user.

Discounts, sales are new normals now. Without discounts, you are essentially subsidizing for others.

I have stood in the queues for electricity, water, bsnl and property tax. Been there done that. Now I look for subsidize discounts or coupons before paying another bill.

The hay days of good discounts cashbacks are over.
Every app out there is now trying to make money for all the freebies over the years.

I use mostly company apps Vi, Airtel, HDFC etc to pay bills.
I used Cred till it wasnt worth using anymore.
Use Gpay and UPI connected on it for some odd purchases here and there.

Well dont you shop during discount and offer sales or even bargain daily in your local grocery shop?
Or you dont care for any of these and simply pay whatever amount is quoted..

Last edited:
Axis Bank Ace Credit card offers 5% cashback on all electricity, gas, phone bills, mobile recharges when paid via gpay. For all other spends directly it gives 2% cashback. Yearly fees for card is Rs 499 which is waived off if your spends exceed Rs 2,00,000 a year.

Axis Bank Ace Credit card offers 5% cashback on all electricity, gas, phone bills, mobile recharges when paid via gpay. For all other spends directly it gives 2% cashback. Yearly fees for card is Rs 499 which is waived off if your spends exceed Rs 2,00,000 a year.
Applied online for it but it doesn't appear in the section where the application says "Select your desired Card".

I use Amazon or PayTM or PhonePe. Just depends on the mood. One thing I would never do is 'auto payment'. I have seen so many instances of auto payment not happening or double payments happening.

Freecharge and payzapp gives you that 10rs off and 5% off stuff. Check them out

Back