Laptops How easy is it to upgrade a laptop in india??

I was thinking of dumping my desktop and purchase a 17 inch gaming laptop....(dell,toshiba or HP).I have never used a laptop....so would like to know two things:- Firstly if i get a high end laptop right now(for say 1-1.15 lakhs), it would prolly become obsolete in about a yrs. time.So my question is can i upgrade my lappy then?? I mean change the Gfx. card or increase the memmory or hard drive say a yr. and a half down the line??

Secondly will there be a problem if run it(lappy) 24-7 ?? (I download stuff when i am not gaming,watching movies or surfing the net.)

1)If you are going for a 17 incher, IMO portability wont be on your mind.

2)Laptops can never be customized as much as a desktop can be.

3)There is a limitied and insanely priced range of GPU's for a lappy

4)All lappy upgrades are almost twice the price of the same upgrade on the desktop.

5)Lappy psu's are not meant to power it 24*7. So i wont recommend u to use to lappy as a download machine

6)Unless you are short of space or you want to move around with your PC, it is lame to junk to the desktop for a laptop.

Ohh!!That's bad news for me:( :( The reason i wanted to go for a lappy was because i move ard. a lot and with assembled desktop there are warranty issues.

You can upgrade the following items in a laptop, depending on the chipset you take.

1. Processor (difficult to do)

2. Graphics (if you have MXM slot in your laptop)

3. RAM and HDD (simplest parts to upgrade)

But as the above poster said, all would be expensive.

If you move around a lot and still want to play, get an ASUS G1 or G2 gaming laptop which has a 15/17 inch screen and decent graphcis capabilities, but nothing compared to a desktop if you put the same amount of money.

Back