Graphic Cards How far can i go with OCing a 6200 "P

MJKN

Disciple
:eek:hyeah: Due to budget contraints i had to settle down for a nvidia 6200 256mb AGP (without turbocache), the make is "BIG-TEK" , is anyone else using this card, the main reason why i went for this card was bcuz i am having a athlon 2000xp with a nforce mobo and some 256mb system ram, and i will be plannign ona major upgrade in the coming months and plan to keep this current rig as a backup machine or maybe a gateway. Since i had to buy a AGP card and didnt want to shell out too much i had to go for this as i didnt get any good secondhand deals on radeon 9600 or 9550.

My query is : How far can i Oc the core without adding any extra cooling measures and the ram chips are from VData , are they good enough for an OC , r8 now the clock speeds are at 350/400 for core and memroy respectively and they are stock speeds, when i try optimal speed detection the core goes till 392 and memory at 495. But i am doubtful if the ram chips are good enough for the OC. The core for some reson doesnt wanna Oc cuz the comp stops responding even in an increment of 3mhz i belive it sumthin to do with drivers , anyone esle using this card facing the same issue as another friend of mine faces the same problem in Ocing the card although its a diff make. Omega drivers are not yet out for this chip and should i try with th forceware 80.xx series r8 now am on 78.xx series which came in the CD.

Some details abt the card

Chip: 6200
core : 350 mhz
Ram : 256mb @ 400mhz make is VData
Make of the card : BIG

I tried unlocking the 4 extra pipelines using Rivatuner but the new series of 6200 chips have been hardware locked by the folks at Nvidia.

i have a winfast 6200 tc 128mb pcie card, core at 350 mhz & memory at 700 mhz, i can push it too 400 & 800 resp, i am using forceware 81.85.

i agree that something is wrong with your drivers, try changing them b4 you try again.

anyways being a budget card dont expect miracles :p

keep a eye on those temps...

had those vdata..RAM overheated even at 400MHz :S default freq. of the card was 250/333. Pushed it to 460MHz stable :D with RAMSinks

I tried with the Forcware 80.81 driver no go.

I can easily overclock the ram tried till 475 without any sinks , thry are stable :hap2: but i cant overclock the core by even 1 mhz. :mad: the system just freezes up the instant i click Apply , i have read abt in in couple of tech forums but no one is able to anwer it. :huh: guess hve to wait for the Omega driver release tht will support this chipset.

i have seen one with 31xx 3dmarks 05 .... no volt mods only a good fan and ram sinks but with unlocked pipes ....

Well Well :) i dont know if others know abt it but lemme share some of my findings. Those Nvidia c***s have purposely disabled the functionality of overclocking the 6200A chips which are the AGP based 6200's runnig on NV44 core:mad: . I tried with an old driver 76.10 and it was allowing me to OC the core without any problem:bleh: but the moment i try any of the drivers above the 76.10xx sries the system would lock up even if its an increment of 3mhz.

SO ppl with 6200A based card will have to use 76.10 series drivers for ocing the core.

Can anyone help me how to get a good vga cooler in b'lore or maybe help me mod a cpu cooler into a gpu one so that i can OC this thing . And wat abt Ram sinks any idea wher to get em in B'lore .

Unlocking on nv44 is not possible , Nvidia folks have redesigned the chip so that it cannot be softmodded, otherwise 6600 wont sell :hap5:

@Sunny boi how so how do u make ramsinks :) gimmie some idea , i was plannig to collect old psus cuz some of the mosfets in em have heatsinks on em ( not every model though) where can i buy it cuz i hardly find time between office and playing one in a while :bleh:

btw i raised the core to 465 with not additional cooling , i guess i can go 480 aor maybe 500 aftre some proper cooling r8 now the temps between 36-19 idle.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can pick up these "RAM sinks"/Heatsinks at most decent electronic stores.

They are nothing but metal blocks with fins, should be cheap and easily available - though getting it to size would be an issue.

Since a lot of electronic circuits do make use of heatsinks to dissipate heat, hence I recommended an electronics store to find some of these. By electronics store, I mean the type that sell resistors/caps/mosfets blah blah - not your mixie, tv type of store :p

Back