PC Peripherals How good are Writex DVD medias?

I am getting a 10 pack Writex DVDs (8X) for Rs. 220/-. A 16X writex comes only in jewel case and cost Rs. 38/-. I have been using Writex CDs for the past few months and so far have been very impressed with their quality.

What about the Writex DVD media? R they as good? I want them to last more than 10 years (provided there r no scratches). What about using them for playing on my DVD player? I need good quality DVDs for that otherwise it may reduce the player lens life.

The dealer told me that he has stopped selling Sony DVD's because of frequent complaints. Said that they were lot of pirated sony dvd's floating around. Is this true? I can get a sony dvd media with jewel case for Rs 40/-. Thx.

Hi I've used Writex 8X Media..Its extremely good for its price..Btw..I got a 10 pack for Rs. 140/- from Nehru Place.

For 16X Media , I bought MMore (mfgd by Moser Baer) for Rs. 160/- (pack of 10)..

Cheers!!

writex cds were made by moser,frankly the dvd quality looked quite cheap,havent tried one yet but 22/- a piece is expensive, 12-14 a piece is more like it

Writex was the cheapest decent DVD media that I have found and only one shop has them. Another shop was selling unbranded DVD media (a pack of 10) for Rs. 200. Do u think Writex medias are good for backup?

Which media should I use for videos to be played on my DVD player?

Writex didn't work for me. They didn't work in my DVD player, the games have slow loading times in the ps2. However for data burning it didn't give me any problems.

Yeah, for burning movies you should use a decent branded DVD as cheap media are sometimes unplayable on DVD players, plus they don't last long.

Sony is good for everything. I use them a lot, works good in dvd players and the ps2.

Go for writex if you just want to write plain data files. (Data as in videos (divx, mpg etc) or any other file, i have some high quality divx movies burnt on writex and ps2 plays them nice)

In my city, writex blank cd cost Rs 8/- and Rs 325 for a 50 CD cake.

I recently got moserbaer DVD+RW (2.4x) for Rs 110/-.

Sony DVD media with jewel case cost Rs 40/-
R Writex DVD media long lasting provided they don't get scratched? If so, I will use them for data backup and use sony dvd media for copying video files (divX, Xvid, vob etc.) for use in my dvd player

i have been using writex dvds for a few months now... probably i have burnt more than 25 DVDs... one of them failed during burning.... otherwise all have been working perfectly fine... inspite of innumerable scratches in some of them..... i havent tried the dvds in any dvd player or playstation... but in computer they work fine.... but cant say if these dvds will live a long life (say 5yrs)...... it costs me rs.20 per dvd if i buy it from nearby statitionary shop

I had bad exprerience with writex. brought 10 DVDs, wrote 6 of item. there were either errors during writing or even if the writing is completed, the DVD shows blank. I thought it was a problem with my Sony writer, but I later brought a 10 pack of Intex and mouser bayer and not a single one went bad.

Back