How good is Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH?

vinaypro

Disciple
Need some feedback on Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH.. Is it good? It priced around 5k in ebay.Is there better router for less or same price ? Will be using it for streaming music,movies.

I have ordered one a week back. Couldn't resist gigabit lan, high speed and high power wireless N. Will give my opinion when I receive it

Apparently the newer firmware 1.74 has cleared most issues.

^ where are you buying it from and for how much? Do give ur opinion once you start using it..

i read somewhere abt losing signal in middle of the game or so, is this problems only a firmware related?

Got it and upgraded to firmware 1.74. Works no problem. Twice the speed of my earlier router though nowhere near 300Mbps. Also now get a signal where earlier there was none. No more buffering in the middle of movies. Not trying ddwrt, my guess is that's what causes trouble for others. And I just want a basic router that works.

What's a router crash test. I'll run it if you want.

I'd say go for it if you're in the market for a router.

lide said:
Got it and upgraded to firmware 1.74. Works no problem. Twice the speed of my earlier router though nowhere near 300Mbps. Also now get a signal where earlier there was none. No more buffering in the middle of movies. Not trying ddwrt, my guess is that's what causes trouble for others. And I just want a basic router that works.

hi, are you streaming wired or wireless, 2ndly are u streaming hd movies or just regular movies.

which router were u using previous to this.

i too am considering getting a new router. was thinking to get the netgear wndr3700, but its a little expensive at 7.5k. its dual band & very feature rich.

Transferring at 4.75 MBps from a wireless n client to a NAS used to get 2.15 on g. Can't theck wireless to wireless coz I have only one client with n. Previously I had a buffalo g125 with tomato.

I was talking about streaming SD. I've put an HD to download, I'll check that and get back.

Even I was evaluating dual bands specifically the wrt610n, but then dropped the idea coz my laptop is not dual band so it's pretty useless for me. Pluss this is less than half the price. And let's face it these are early days for wireless n. The really good routers like wrt54gl for g are yet to come. Will in any case need to get one of em when they come. Not to say the wzr hp is bad. comes highly rated in terms of speed and range and I have 0 problems till now.

sohail99 said:
Here's the e-bay link - eBay India: Buffalo Nfinit Gigabit Wireless-N Router & Access Point (item 150470564851 end time 29-Jul-2010 12:07:57 IST)

@lide - Do post your views and run the router crash test too! if it doesn't crash, I'm buying it! :D

Thanks for the link...
lide said:

lide said:
Transferring at 4.75 MBps from a wireless n client to a NAS used to get 2.15 on g. Can't theck wireless to wireless coz I have only one client with n. Previously I had a buffalo g125 with tomato.

I was talking about streaming SD. I've put an HD to download, I'll check that and get back.

Even I was evaluating dual bands specifically the wrt610n, but then dropped the idea coz my laptop is not dual band so it's pretty useless for me. Pluss this is less than half the price. And let's face it these are early days for wireless n. The really good routers like wrt54gl for g are yet to come. Will in any case need to get one of em when they come. Not to say the wzr hp is bad. comes highly rated in terms of speed and range and I have 0 problems till now.

Thanks for the input..
I dont suppose there is a better router for the price.. Surely will go for this ..

"Excellent Range - even with existing Wireless G clients Gigabit ethernet ports Network Attached Storage VPN Endpoint Excellent web interface with help along the right column Our house is like a wireless black hole..."

lide said:

Hey idle,
Does this router have removable antennas??

regards,
vinay

Back