How good is- FujiFilm FinePix C20 12 MP Digital Camera

Emperor

Skilled
Jan 12, 2006
Hello Friends just come across a mail from .... & lure to buy FujiFilm FinePix C20 12 MP Digital Camera + 4gb card @ Rs. 2999. Can any one from TE suggest how good is this for home & out dooruse.

I'm not photographer & not wish to be in :), but just for occasional snaps, birthday party or any get together.

Please suggest.

May 21, 2011
camera quality is not determined by its megapixel. there is a webcam available for 500-600bucks that offers 20mp camera. so better go to a camera shop having wide variety of camera and judge the quality before buying one.

Emperor

Skilled
Jan 12, 2006
^^ thanks for input, hence I really don't know a b c about camera quality no matter whether I check personally as I end with buying something crapp.. so looking for suggestion.

MRTZ

Disciple
Jun 17, 2011
The most important thing in the digital camera is the lens, which if out of order, needs replacement. So before going for any camera, check the warrenty period. Some companies just replace lense in warrenty period and that's what needed rather repairing.

As mentioned by karizma.r2008, by just seeing the numbers of MP, it can not be judged. So for that you will have to actually see personaly before buying it.

The two things should be checked before going for any camera. One is MP which will define the quality of photo and second is zoom capacity. Also the below features should be checked as per priority. So define the requirements just like PC or mobile and go hunting.

- Able to take nice photo in night mode
- Auto focus - reduces blurred images
- Face recognition facility
- Battery life
- Storage

The things like red eye removal and color etc can be adjusted in computer also, so any camera claiming these kind of photo editing features are not so important.

Hope this info will help :)

M@crosoft

The Weather Man !
Adept
Jun 6, 2009
Varanasi
Note that 5 megapixels are enough to watch your photos on a 32 incher.

Another thing is zoom ....optical zoom to be precise.Many camera advertisements fool the customers by saying that their camera has got 10x or 20x digital zoom which is

absolutely nothing but bull sh#t so whenever buy a camera look only for the optical zoom(+digital zoom if any) & as quoted by karizma always see the quality of the photos

before buying the camera not only MPs.

Talking about Fujifilm......i think they are a black dot over the standards set by other japenese companies such as sony :|.Just spend 1500 bucks more get a sony camera having

carl zeiss lens ;)

(I have a sony DSCS60 ...using since 2004 & somehow i don't have enough reasons to sell this and buy a new one :)

no matter whether I check personally as I end with buying something crapp.. so looking for suggestion

Don't worry ...even the most amateur guy would be easily able to pick the better quality pic amongst the two pics of the two cameras(since the difference would be so large betwen fuji and sony )

May 21, 2011
M@crosoft said:
Note that 5 megapixels are enough to watch your photos on 32 incher.

Don't worry ...even the most amateur guy would be easily able to pick the better quality pic amongst the two pics of the two cameras(since the difference would be so large betwen fuji and sony )

truely said.

here is the SONY DSC S3000. mrp is around 4.9k but you can ask for discount. you wont regret. i am using a sony dsc n2 since 2007 working like a charm without any problem. sony camera comes with 3 years warranty and their after sales support is awesome.

jijojose79

Adept
Dec 20, 2009
Bangalore
Regarding MP,

recently, I sold my old Nikon coolpix E4800 (4mp) and bought Canon Pwr shot A1200(12mp), it's performance is pathetic compare to my old Nikon :-((((

Emperor

Skilled
Jan 12, 2006
oh, I really forget about this thread, sorry friends, it's really nice to have such good suggestions from you all.

Meanwhile I'm still looking for good camera & so far what I add in watch list is :

SONY DSC S3000 by karizma.r2008

more suggestion requires.

kriplani

Disciple
Sep 14, 2009
As already explained by other members, mega pixels do not make a camera. I have been using Canon Powershot A530 (5 MP) for last 5 years. Got it serviced once in between. Works fine for a novice like me and i do not find any reason to replace it with any latest camera. Companies these days have stopped making basic P&S cameras with optical viewfinders and operating on AA batteries, which i find annoying.

As per my experience, canon also has good after sales services. You can go for any canon basic powershot series model. i have read good reviews for Ixus 105.

regards,