Monitors How good is this Acer monitor ?

A couple of people might've bought this if you check this thread:

They can give you a better opinion. Only glaring issue with IPS monitors is the blb.
IMO this is a great monitor for esports and the whole package on paper is very good.

Xtronicsapp (seller) is releasing more Acer monitors as of late. I came across 27 inch VA WQHD Mini-Led monitors @32k. Another good one for mixed usage (media consumption and gaming).

I doubt it will have a great refresh rate compliance (ideally you need OLED or high end TN), but is a good value deal.

My opinion, most gamers don't need more than 180Hz (I have a 170Hz monitor & have used a 240Hz G7 of my friend) as most people are not good enough in competitive games to be able to be take advantage of 240Hz vs 180Hz, also heavy games like CoD will be very taxing to achieve 240fps.

Not same panel for sure, but can get some idea.

My opinion, most gamers don't need more than 180Hz
I have the same opinion and the 10k difference for the minimal uplift for monitors from the same brand is high. But given the availability issue, people looking around 30k this is a deal.
Refresh rate compliance is a good stat but unit to unit variance especially with LCD makes it hard to pinpoint if a monitor is good or bad.
With Acer, they just release the models with new panels as soon as they're available with "good" enough QC as per them. The early adopters take the hit with more than usual blb or dead/bright pixels when it comes to LCD models.
Not same panel for sure, but can get some idea.
This new XV272U F3 is IPS (could be new variant of panel used in XV272UKF, just speculations) compared to the AHVA (Qled) panel of XB273U GX. Without any proper testing available, I'd hazard a guess that the F3 model would have less contrast (closer to 1000) but a bit better response times.

Last edited:
I purchased it recently, and I'm liking it so far. To be honest, I have never used a 2k monitor before so can't compare with others.
Do let me know if you want me to test something.

Last edited:
I have the same opinion and the 10k difference for the minimal uplift for monitors from the same brand is high. But given the availability issue, people looking around 30k this is a deal.
Refresh rate compliance is a good stat but unit to unit variance especially with LCD makes it hard to pinpoint if a monitor is good or bad.
With Acer, they just release the models with new panels as soon as they're available with "good" enough QC as per them. The early adopters take the hit with more than usual blb or dead/bright pixels when it comes to LCD models.

This new XV272U F3 has is IPS (could be new variant of panel used in XV272UKF, just speculations) compared to the AHVA (Qled) panel of XB273U GX. Without any proper testing available, I'd hazard a guess that the F3 model would have less contrast (closer to 1000) but a bit better response times.
Acer are known for value for money products. I own VG240Ys which is 4 years old & is my secondary monitor now, no issues. XV272U KV was an exception, else they rarely have the best monitor in terms of performance (response times, overshoot, etc). I think XV272U V3 is slightly inferior to older KV model but is enough for most people & is a great value choice.

For those who want 300Hz, yeah the 30k option is decent. Considering most people might not even notice the lack of high refresh rate compliance or slightly higher response time, they will be happy with the purchase. I linked that Predator to get an idea of how good it can potentially be as Predator is a higher end line up, so expect Nitro to be bit inferior.

As most people are not good enough in competitive games to be able to be take advantage of 240Hz vs 180Hz, also heavy games like CoD will be very taxing to achieve 240fps.
The reason I am looking for HRR monitors are because of competative games like valorant. 1080p monitor (view sonic Xg series 240hz)was go to choice but since nvidia/amd cards seems to leave 1080p and move on 1440p and 4k res and oleds being expensive and TN having no colors and ips giving best of both ig this is good, but after seeing the threads on TE there's a lot of QC issue with this model. Ig this is also a good value view sonic vx2758a-2k-pro-2

I noticed people in reviews section saying its a 10bit 300hz 1440p display which does make it steal deal in my opinion. My only pet-peeve would be its horrible stand that wobbles at slight cursor movement. Maybe its better with this model (I use VG271U M3 so slightly different stand) other than that It may be one of the best deals right now.

About backlight bleed, can someone provide some backlight bleed test for this 300hz model? Again coming from someone who has VG271U M3 180hz model, backlight bleed is pretty much non-existent for the unit I got (thank the gods?).

A couple of people might've bought this if you check this thread:
There's a little bit of info here @YeAhx on the 2nd page. It seems to a bit of QC issue.

There's a little bit of info here @YeAhx on the 2nd page. It seems to a bit of QC issue.
Just saw your reply so I'm a bit late. That monitor is backlight bleeding like its a Rorschach test lol. Good to know that person got it replaced and the replacement unit was fine. Last thing you want is to get stuck in a RMA hellhole.

Hey tech gizmos, past week I came across this steal of a deal monitor it's 1440p and 300hz @27k from Acer the link to Acer monitor. What are your opinions ?
Acer has been offering value for money deals ever since they got into the market.

I personally have been using an Acer monitor since last 2 years, the price I paid for it was really really low as compared to other brands at this specifications.
Mine is an Acer Nitro VG240YS 24inch IPS monitor with 165hz refresh rate.

The sRGB color space is really good when it comes to color reproduction, and the build quality at the price of Rs. 9500 is really impressive.
I mainly game and edit videos for my YT, and this monitor has been meeting my requirements.

I have it wall mounted (pic attached), and as a conclusion, yes you can trust the brand for their performance.

Attachments

• front.jpeg
    front.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 8
I've got the same monitor bruh but the funny thing is they've iterated this monitor 3 or 4 times. But I've feel like I want to move up to 2k monitor or directly end up on 4k OLED in the near future ,since most of the cards will be dumping 1080p in the near future.

I've got the same monitor bruh but the funny thing is they've iterated this monitor 3 or 4 times. But I've feel like I want to move up to 2k monitor or directly end up on 4k OLED in the near future ,since most of the cards will be dumping 1080p in the near future.
Yes I agree to that as well. This same monitor is available in tons of variants.

Sized from 21inch, 24, 27,
and refresh rate ranges are ultrawide - offering you 75hz, 100hz, 120, 140, 144, 165, 180, 200, 240 ........

Back