How good is VIT?

M@crosoft

The Weather Man !
Adept
Hey guys,

Just got finished with my Intermediate exams and now I'm preparing for various Engineering exams including VIT.I'm expecting anything between 84~88 % in board exams.

Just wanted to know - How good is VIT when compared to NIT's?
Also I am from North India so it's a headache to move south. Any worth if I get a good rank in VITEEE?

Thnks.

Mate their is no comparision of nit's with vit.
Nit's are amongst the best colleges of india after iit's. So stop comparing them with vit.
Vit is just some college but i will say Nit's cannot be compared with such college.
So my verdict will be vit is nothing infront of NIT and thinking of comparing NIT with such college like vit can be disrespectfull in my opinion . Dude its " NIT " .
And as other fellows said ,i will say dry fruits is compared with ______ :eek:

Ok.

Is VIT worth considering if I don't get a proper rank in JEE(Main) this time around ?

Is it really just 'any' college? I suppose its better than most private Engg. colleges in India?

Ok.

Is VIT worth considering if I don't get a proper rank in JEE(Main) this time around ?

Is it really just 'any' college? I suppose its better than most private Engg. colleges in India?
Yeah it is better than most private colleges. It is good, but can't be compared to the NIT. That's on a different level.

btw same age here ;)

Ok.

Umm....than its upto you if you don't able to get any good rank and crack iit exam or other entrance exams of prestige colleges..
Then its upto you there will be two options one drop a year study harder and kill these entrance exams next year.And if you don't want to drop or waste a year and you have no other option and not able to get admission in any prestige colleges,then you can think of VIT.It is 'any' college but you can say umm...pretty much descent than other private colleges. Nowadays there are alot of private colleges which have been opened and they just take heavy amount of bucks and good for nothing and not worth it ,but my opinion if you find no option you can go for VIT.No issue.
Other than that contact the students studying in VIt itself they can give you a much better opinion.

Exactly. I meant NITs are superior to VITs in terms of the placements (PSUs like ONGC, NTPC, HPCL etc. recruit students directly from the NITs), good alumni support, quality of the syllabus etc. VIT is a very good private institute no doubt.

VIT is just another private institution .... NIT is a government institution and considered the best after the IITs... but it doesnt matters ... if you dont get into an IIT or NIT .... any college will do as well as much as you are eager to learn ...

VIT is a good private institute. Apart from future scope (in terms of placements, alumni network etc.), some of these arguments about why govt. colleges are always superior (in the eyes of some people) and that studying in one puts you on a different level are often arguments based on ego (on the part so some people who could make it to govt. colleges and on the part of others who are fascinated by them) and not rationality.

Learning is learning. Every individual is to be judged objectively based on what he/she can do. If you're willing to learn, VIT is good enough. Period.

Mate their is no comparision of nit's with vit.
Nit's are amongst the best colleges of india after iit's. So stop comparing them with vit.
Vit is just some college but i will say Nit's cannot be compared with such college.
So my verdict will be vit is nothing infront of NIT and thinking of comparing NIT with such college like vit can be disrespectfull in my opinion . Dude its " NIT " .
And as other fellows said ,i will say dry fruits is compared with ______ :eek:

Why is the comparison disrespectful (in some instances as you say) ?

When you saying something, at least back it up with a logical and coherent argument instead of simply asserting things like, "Dude its NIT [sic]".

Just out of curiosity, I wonder if you think that every NITian is superior in every way to every VITian?

Edit: I'm not asserting that you feel that every NITian is superior to every VITian. I'm only asking because (as you can see from the subsequent comments) this kind of a mentality does exist among some people.

it is because you cannot compare the rep and standard of a NIT to VIT or any other private institution ...
and yes it can be that every NITian is superior than every VITian ... as the people who get into the private institutions are those who could not go through and take admissions in an IIT or NIT ... as almost every person who wants to get into a good engg. college first tries for IIT n then for NIT and then the other top institutions like BIT etc ....but there are exceptions ...

it is because you cannot compare the rep and standard of a NIT to VIT or any other private institution ...
and yes it can be that every NITian is superior than every VITian ... as the people who get into the private institutions are those who could not go through and take admissions in an IIT or NIT ... as almost every person who wants to get into a good engg. college first tries for IIT n then for NIT and then the other top institutions like BIT etc ....but there are exceptions ...

You are considering the value of a person based on one (or a couple of) entrance exam(s). So, you're also implying that each and every NITian goes on to become more successful than each and every VITian (or people from other private institutes). (?) I can't point out how flawed this argument is.

How well can a person's intellect be gauged by an entrance exam? Is there a perfect correlation? Does preparation not play a role?

One could argue that a person of high intelligence may not get into an elite institute whereas someone of average intelligence may make it through, through sheer hard work and preparation.

i never said that ...its about the institution and the standard of study you can get there .. thats my argument ... i know many people from IIT who are unemployed right now .. not caz they didnt get job .. but caz they just dont want to do it ...
and if you read my previous posts .. i did already say that ... if you cant get through IIT or NIT ... any private college will do as then it depends much on how hard you work ...

but its not about the person we are talking ..its about the institute ... and yes ... you cant compare it to NIT ... that's the truth

and if Im not wrong ... its a deemed uni.

Back