How is after sales for Bosch washing machines?

How long have you had it for, and how is the quality of the after-sales service in your city? I am planning to buy a Bosch consumer product.
Reliability has been great. Purchased in early 2016 and the only out of warranty expense so far has been the changing of the drum dampeners after 4-5 years which cost about 3.5k. Otherwise, never needed to call their after sales service.

In contrast, the IFB machine I had before was horrible in terms of maintenance.

This means something as simple as a bearings change will cost 50% of cost price to fix

Bosch makes machines which are usually more durable than most other companies, so even if the bearings need to be changed, I suppose the time for it will come after at least 10 years of use. I should be fine if it lasts that long without any problems.

Or could it be earlier, according to you? I don't have much experience in this field.

Skip it as Bosch front loaders have sealed tubs. This means something as simple as a bearings change will cost 50% of cost price to fix unless you go with their smallest size machine which you should be avoiding in the first place with any front loader
Which one do you recommend for a front loader?

Skip it as Bosch front loaders have sealed tubs. This means something as simple as a bearings change will cost 50% of cost price to fix unless you go with their smallest size machine which you should be avoiding in the first place with any front loader
This is good to know. Does it apply to washer-Dryers too? Is the bearing or related failures common among Bosch or front loaders in general?

Does it apply to washer-Dryers too?
Bosch washer dryers

Yes it does, just like with their washers only the smallest volume washer dryer drums are not sealed.

Bigger volume drums are all sealed.

This list is only what is available today and subject to change

Tubs that are not sealed

WVG30460IN (Series 6) (8/5 Kg) (56 litres)

WVG3046SIN (Series 6) (8/5 Kg) (56 litres) (Silver Variant)

Sealed Tubs

WNA14400IN (Series 4) (9/6 Kg) (60 litres)

WNA14408IN (Series 4) (9/6 Kg) (60 litres)

WNA254U0IN (Series 6) (10/6 Kg) (70 litres)

WNA264U9IN (Series 6) (10.5/6 Kg) (70 litres)

WNA2E4U1IN (Series 6) (10.5/6 Kg) (70 litres)

Washer dryers require more maintenance compared to washers. They need a disassembly of the dryer components to remove lint every three years or drying efficiency will decrease and lead to a failure of the drying unit.
Is the bearing or related failures common among Bosch or front loaders in general?
All front loaders will experience bearing failures at some point. It will happen sooner if they are overloaded on a regular basis which is more likely with smaller volume drums.

This practice of sealing tubs has become common among European brands. Siemens is the same as is Beko which has a joint venture in India.

Last edited:
Bosch makes machines which are usually more durable than most other companies, so even if the bearings need to be changed, I suppose the time for it will come after at least 10 years of use. I should be fine if it lasts that long without any problems.
Why would you be OK with it failing after ten years if it could be held on for longer?

My LG will be eight years next month. I'd like another eight more.
Or could it be earlier, according to you? I don't have much experience in this field.
Read the below thread

How do we know if a washing machine has a sealed drum? Is this kind of information provided by the manufacturer?
No, it isn't. In Bosch's case you can tell by the spare parts.

We discover when irate users complain about higher than expected repair costs. Repair videos will show whether the drum is sealed or not.

A photo of the underside showing the tub is good enough to tell with any front loader. Usually I ask people to post such photos when they take delivery. That's how we know LG & Samsung's are not sealed.

Last edited:
Back