OC & Modding How is cooler master tx3 , any other alternatives

Hi guys , i am having bottlenecks in overclocking my e7500 on the intel stock cooler and heatsink . I am able to hit 3.2-3.3 normally but anything above that and temperatures shoot up above 62c on load . Hence i have decided to invest in a new heatsink n cooler . My local dealer can provide me Cooler master TX3 for 1.3k , is the deal good enough since i dont know recent prices . Also mention any other alternatives . My budget is 1.5k .
Cheers !!
Ps : It would be good if i can touch 3.6ghz otherwise 3.5 is good enough for me.

Well, u can get GLEID SiletSpirit QuadHeatPipe which also comes with a shiny new TIM which is said to be a good performer, for 1.8-1.9k

The TX-3 is a very basic cooler. There is a better cpu cooler from arctic cooling for around 1.7K (little over your budget) in the dealers paradise section. That will be a better choice than the TX-3.

Other choice is the CM Hyper 212 Plus which is also better than the TX-3. I have the Hyper 212 old version and it sure is a mean cooler, no problems with my Phenom II 965. I think you can add another fan to the Hyper 212 Plus, which will further increase the cooling performance.

comp@ddict said:
Well, u can get GLEID SiletSpirit QuadHeatPipe which also comes with a shiny new TIM which is said to be a good performer, for 1.8-1.9k

Can u tell us where is it available ???

Edit:-

IMO Arctic Freezer Pro 7 ver 2 also good (Correct me if I am wrong )...

rohan_mhtr said:
I am able to hit 3.2-3.3 normally but anything above that and temperatures shoot up above 62c on load.

Is that on the absolute lowest vCore possible..?

coolermaster ur getting is fine....wudnt xpect it to be lower, xcept for TE dealer

and i think ur temp are fine....i hit 73 on AMD 6000+ at 3.18ghz
(i dont have voltage control option)

sato1986 said:
I recommend Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus if you have enough space. (on your motherboard and inside cabinet)
Coolermaster Intel LGA775 Final Heatsink Temperature Comparisons - Hyper 212 Plus FrostyTech Review
+Good cooling via Heatpipe Direct Transfer (H.D.T.)
+Silent (35dBA-50dBA PWM fan)
+Good processor-socket support
+Value for money (Rs. 1.9k)
-Big size
-Bad looks
-Rusts earlier when compared to other coated heatsinks

His Budget is 1.5K.And CM Hyper 212+ price is 2000/- ...

asingh said:
Is that on the absolute lowest vCore possible..?
That is decided by motherboard , since its left on Auto , I manually tried to control vcore but that did not lower the temps .

bobbyprajan said:
The TX-3 is a very basic cooler. There is a better cpu cooler from arctic cooling for around 1.7K (little over your budget) in the dealers paradise section. That will be a better choice than the TX-3.

1.7k is ok for me , i will check it .

draglord said:
and i think ur temp are fine....i hit 73 on AMD 6000+ at 3.18ghz
(i dont have voltage control option)
Those temps i am getting are just by running occt for 15-20 mins, i wonder how high the temps would rise if i left occt running over an hour !

Turbo man :p planning to put the cooler on your intex aluminum pc case

Jokes apart, you're a lot better off with ultima 90i+ a 92mm or a 120mm fan. Prime is selling them for 1,480 and get a 200-300 decent fan and you're good to go. Pretty surprised not many people are recommending ultima 90i anymore, despite being a great cooler for the price.

@Rohan:
Have not researched out your motherboard. Giving you a word of advice. If you cannot control the vCore (and you are absolutely sure you cannot manipulate the vCore) , please do not overclock. Even if you get a good OEM HSF. You have a high probability to cause damage to the chip. Any thing can happen inside your chip.

Also another word of advice, or rule of thumb:
Do not take other users/systems readings and use them to over clock. There are too many parameters involved, and things cannot be the same. Even if a chip is forged at the same time / same foundry / same yield as yours it can be different. It could OC to different limits, and have different power requirements. People will tell you they reached xxGHz on xx settings with xx temperatures. Please do not give that any value. Yes, if you want you can use it as a starting point (your call, I would not), but cannot be compared to your own chip.

The Sorcerer said:
Turbo man :p planning to put the cooler on your intex aluminum pc case

Jokes apart, you're a lot better off with ultima 90i+ a 92mm or a 120mm fan. Prime is selling them for 1,480 and get a 200-300 decent fan and you're good to go. Pretty surprised not many people are recommending ultima 90i anymore, despite being a great cooler for the price.

I am not in Turbo/toubro anymore !! , I am on a leave of 13 months to pursue post graduation abroad .

And ya thats my Pc case fully modded this time , why didnt you post the entire thread !

And regarding ultima 90i+ , i phoned prime and its not available , the person answering the phone didnt even know what it was !! Most of the rare hardware they mention in their site is either not available or require some waiting .Same thing happened to me while purchasing my sound card .

asingh said:
@Rohan:

Have not researched out your motherboard. Giving you a word of advice. If you cannot control the vCore (and you are absolutely sure you cannot manipulate the vCore) , please do not overclock. Even if you get a good OEM HSF. You have a high probability to cause damage to the chip. Any thing can happen inside your chip.

The board has option to control vcore as well as an option to set it to auto so that voltage can be regulated by the mobo itself .

I have overclocked this same cpu on other testing board and the results were

3,4ghz at stock voltage

3,6ghz at stock max voltage: 1,3625v

3,9ghz needs 1,400v

4,0ghz pc just reboots ( temp above 73 )

I dont know how people manage it at low voltages as you told me to do , i guess its not getting enough power , psu then was cx400 .

^^

If the board has an option to control the vCore please exercise that option.

Give this a read. Hope it helps.

Also you want to take that chip to the highest possible or just want some specific speed value..?

asingh said:
Also you want to take that chip to the highest possible or just want some specific speed value..?

I want to hit 3.6ghz and as mentioned increasing voltage is not helping with the temps , so i started this thread since stock cooler was limiting my overclock ,
Any way some of your posts were helpful including this graph poted on another forum

ONTOPIC

Can CM tx3 control 3.6ghz since i know the stock cooler cant and if any other good cooler is available within 1.5k would be handy .

Inquired about CM hyper 212 , and my local dealers is selling it for 2.3K , Primeabgb says 2.1k AND i will have to wait for it . I will try ITwares later but his shop at lamington road is hardly open .
Guess i will have to search online this time !
BTW i saw a CM tx3 open model today and it looks really promising for the price at which it is being offered (1.3k )

Check this ...Cooler Master Hyper TX3 CPU Cooler Review | Hardware Secrets

At your budget, Hyper Tx3 is a good option

In our tests Hyper TX3 proved to be a cooler with good performance. It did not cooled our CPU as good as top shelf coolers, but the cost/benefit ratio proved to awesome. Besides that, it has an excellent noise level and a very practical installation on Intel or AMD CPUs.

So Cooler Master Hyper TX3 CPU cooler deserves the Hardware Secrets Silver Award.

Back