How is the Mi Router 3C?

Ican only say performance of this router is okay. Not good or bad. Those antennas are just for show imo. I tried putting them in all directions and there was no difference in signal dbm. It was same a room away or right next to the router. If you have 3-4 walls in between performance drops a lot. The max power does no difference in those conditions.
huge drawback is it has just 2 lan ports.

In my same area, I see Tenda and TPLink routers used most, since the router signal is still around 90dbm even with AP located in next building with 3-4 walls in between.

Which router do you guys suggest ? I have a room outside my house where the router is placed. I use an iBall router there to get signal into the home. I having speed issues. I put a repeater ( iBall ) to further boost the signal through out the home.

When I talked to the provider he is blaming my wifi network for low speed. I don't think so, but I want to try another router than iBall and see if it will work.

Last edited:
It's an average router with four fancy antennas which do nothing extraordinary to your signal strength. It comes with power adapter which fails soon and when you are out of warranty, you will have no option to buy one as it uses non standard pin to plug into the router, and Xiaomi does not sell separate adapters.

It's an average router with four fancy antennas which do nothing extraordinary to your signal strength. It comes with power adapter which fails soon and when you are out of warranty, you will have no option to buy one as it uses non standard pin to plug into the router, and Xiaomi does not sell separate adapters.

Its not a non standard, just not micro USB. I got the same pin with my F&D 200 speakers which I use with a powerbank to keep it running.

Back