How is the Nokia Asha Series?

Hello,

So I'm most definitely buysing a HTC Explorer but I need to decide a phone for a friend now. He is looking at the Nokia Asha Series and I just read they are launching 3 new models and I saw the Asha 311 looks the most interesting. Is it any good? And has it launched?

Thanks,
Crazysah

Not good, according to my experience with ASHA 200 ,302 and 303 they are well built have a good keypad, but the UI is very boring and lags a lot. Even after being a non-smartphone it starts hanging after 2-3 months of usage. I would say avoid ASHA at all costs. I really liked the phone and the build but the quirks it offered completely surprised me.

The older Nokia C3 an X2-01 are still a better choice compared to ASHA.

Wait for Xperia Tipo if you have some time

3.5-inch (480 x 320 pixels) TFT capacitive touch screen display
Dual-SIM
(tipo dual)
Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
800 MHz processor
13 mm
thick and weighs 99.4 g
3.2 megapixel camera auto focus camera
3.5 mm
audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
3G, Bluetooth, WiFi
512MB RAM, 2.9 GB
internal memory (up to 2.5 GB user-accessible memory), up to 32 GB expandable
memory with microSD
1500 mAh battery
Source Sony launches Xperia miro, tipo and tipo dual with Android 4.0: NDTV Gadgets

aman.pitbull What model of the Asha series u have used. I am intending to get the 302 series for my dad.

I've personally used the three models mentioned above ,i.e, 200 ,302 and 303 and I still find Nokia X2-01 better. Asha series does mention the specs pretty extensively but these specs are false advertising since it hardly matters on an S40.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

^^ 9,500 for the Tipo
10,700 for the Tipo Dual

That's damn good news, so finally decent Android would really become VFM.

I'm most definitely buysing a HTC Explorer
Crazysah

If you are buying Explorer (Or any phone/camera for that matter), just check in Zoomin.com once.. It is an awesome site.. Has competitive prices, Highly reliable like Flipkart.. You get coupons too..
And best of all? You can select Reward packs (Photo Prints) with every purchase..
For 299 Rupees more (Always select Platinum Pack), you can get prints worth more than 6000 Rupees (Photo prints, flipbooks, Canvas prints, free shipping and more).. Check the above page for more details..
Those flipbooks are damn good.. Recently 2 of my friends have bought cameras with reward packs..

^^ Hardly man. Tipo has a 3.2" HVGA screen, 512MB RAM and 800MHz processor for 9.5k

HTC Explorer has almost all those things at under 8k.

Same processor but its clocked @ 33% higher frequency. You get hell of a lot of internal memory which is a big -ve with the explorer.
Also you get ICS OOB which is a first in the sub 10k segment. Prices with discount in online stores should be a shade under 9k when launched which is pretty decent for the specs and brand name.

Same processor but its clocked @ 33% higher frequency. You get hell of a lot of internal memory which is a big -ve with the explorer.
Also you get ICS OOB which is a first in the sub 10k segment. Prices with discount in online stores should be a shade under 9k when launched which is pretty decent for the specs and brand name.

Still. Hardly an upgrade I see fit after nearly a year of HTC Explorer.

If Xperia Miro were to launch at 10k, we would have a totally different (and awesome) scenario.

But that will be 15k of course!

How is the Tipo better than the Explorer?

How is the Tipo better than the Explorer?

Err... You quoted the post where i have mentioned the advantages and have raised the question again !
HTC Explorer vs. Sony Xperia tipo - GSMArena.com
Feature
HTC Explorer
Xperia Tipo
ProcessorMSM 7227A Cortx A5 600MHzMSM 7227A Cortx A5 800MHz
Internal memory90MB2.5GB
OSAndroid 2.3 Ginger Bread
Androiod 4.0 ICS
Battery1230 mAh1500 mAh
But keep in mind that the market price of Tipo would be ~9k@launch whereas you can get the explorer for ~8k.
The rest of the features are more or less the same.

Err... You quoted the post where i have mentioned the advantages and have raised the question again !
HTC Explorer vs. Sony Xperia tipo - GSMArena.com
FeatureHTC ExplorerXperia Tipo
ProcessorMSM 7227A Cortx A5 600MHzMSM 7227A Cortx A5 800MHz
Internal memory90MB2.5GB
OSAndroid 2.3 Ginger BreadAndroiod 4.0 ICS
Battery1230 mAh1500 mAh
But keep in mind that the market price of Tipo would be ~9k@launch whereas you can get the explorer for ~8k.
The rest of the features are more or less the same.

We have to factor in "1 year later" launch too.

Back